Rain 5G. I am impressed!

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
was just kidding..

from another happy rain customer then?
It would seem something is going on along Lynwood Road with 5G by the Mobile operators? Maybe that is what we picked up momentarily? There is a VC mast about 400 m from us as the crow flies. I presume a 5G phone should be able to show something. Rain is not in the area for sure.

Last edited:

nad_isa

It would seem something is going on along Lynwood Road with 5G by the Mobile operators? Maybe that is what we picked up momentarily? There is a VC mast about 400 m from us as the crow flies. I presume a 5G phone should be able to show something. Rain is not in the area for sure.
probably the voda tower you picked up that maybe wasnt initially supposed to be.

powermzii

Expert Member
Which side of Lynwood are you Geoff? Am just off Atterbury in Garsfontein and have about 5 towers around me (varying distances) with my main tower opposite Times Square (Menlyn Maine)

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Which side of Lynwood are you Geoff? Am just off Atterbury in Garsfontein and have about 5 towers around me (varying distances) with my main tower opposite Times Square (Menlyn Maine)
A long way down Lynnwood Road, closer to The Grove. Definitely out of the current VC coverage area fro 5G.
So it was either a freak detection, or VC was/is busy extending 5G coverage and are not quite ready yet, and it was just luck that we detected %G while they were busy with some or other test.

desmoresr

Agree with OP. Using 5G for 2 months now and the speed is incredible.

I will note there is fibre throughout the area where the tower is located.

TheRealWitblitz

Is it possible to upgrade to the Premium package with the CPE Pro router? Or do you have to swap it for a CPE X?

(Rain speed test average around 250Mbps+ with the CPE Pro)

Donn666

Can somebody help me ? Please assist. Have not had rain 4G connectivity sine 03 Sept. 2020. Contract paid in full. I have signal bars but no 4G. APN settings are correct and have not been tampered with. on 06 Sept. I received a notification saying " No Service, selected rain network not available. Today 07 Sept. I have signal bars but no connectivity. Please help, *** *** **** / *** *** **** - call cos I'll have no network

Last edited by a moderator:

SeaSickMama

Expert Member
Can somebody help me ? Please assist. Have not had rain 4G connectivity sine 03 Sept. 2020. Contract paid in full. I have signal bars but no 4G. APN settings are correct and have not been tampered with. on 06 Sept. I received a notification saying " No Service, selected rain network not available. Today 07 Sept. I have signal bars but no connectivity. Please help, *** *** **** / *** *** **** - call cos I'll have no network
Reset router to default and then ?