Rain Activation

cr@zydude

Executive Member
I still don't understand how people can accidentally insert the wrong ID number. SA ID numbers have a check sum, like credit cards. If you mistype your credit card number, it would be rejected.

Masegosego

Hi there. I wonder if you can help me, im not getting a response from support. When i created my account on i entered the wrong ID number by accident and now that i want to activate my sim it wont allow me to RICA using the correct ID because they dont match. When i go edit my account i can change my details execpt for the ID number. Cant create a new account becau
Hi there. I wonder if you can help me, im not getting a response from support. When i created my account on i entered the wrong ID number by accident and now that i want to activate my sim it wont allow me to RICA using the correct ID because they dont match. When i go edit my account i can change my details execpt for the ID number. Cant create a new account because I've already been billed on this one.
Please help & thanks in advance for your

Hi there. I wonder if you can help me, im not getting a response from support. When i created my account on i entered the wrong ID number by accident and now that i want to activate my sim it wont allow me to RICA using the correct ID because they dont match. When i go edit my account i can change my details execpt for the ID number. Cant create a new account because I've already been billed on this one.
Please help & thanks in advance for your time.
Hi there I have the same problem as Lauren

MukonaManaga

Please help & thanks in advance for your time.
I also have the same problem

cr@zydude

Executive Member
It would really be great if you were supllying us with a solution

SA ID numbers have a check sum. Rain should implement the check sum so that an incorrect ID number is rejected.

When using your credit card, if you change 1 digit, the card is rejected. A similair procedure can be used on ID numbers and is done so by many businesses in SA.

jbroo

It would really be great if you were supllying us with a solution
I don't work for rain. Im not here to give you solutions. Thats what their support desk is for. Post here, get comments, such is life.

Edit: Double-check what you type before you submit. Solution?

Last edited:

jbroo

SA ID numbers have a check sum. Rain should implement the check sum so that an incorrect ID number is rejected.

When using your credit card, if you change 1 digit, the card is rejected. A similair procedure can be used on ID numbers and is done so by many businesses in SA.
Evidently rain uses a plain text field with no checks.