Rain and storm for Cpt

genetic

Honorary Master
Thunder and lightning during the early hours of morning here on the West Coast. Some heavy downpours too.

Gordon_R

Honorary Master
I was hoping for a storm today

Wind-storm. Gales are forecast along the southern coast today. See: https://mybroadband.co.za/forum/att...rom-saweatherservices-1-sept-2020-pdf.903918/
Along the coasts, strong south-easterly to easterly winds will reach a gale force (65-70 km/h) from Table Bay and all the way along the southern coastal belt up to Port Alfred.

As a result of these persisting windy conditions, seas will deteriorate substantially with high seas and wave heights in an excess of 6m can be expected already from this evening between Cape Point and Plettenberg Bay. Due to the easterly orientation of the waves, normally sheltered bays and beaches will be exposed to high waves and this will pose serious difficulties.

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
Buckets coming down now in Brackenfell...just as I have to leave to go buy groceries and pick kids up from school.

Papa Smurf

Honorary Master
I hear everyone say the thunder was loud last night, even the dj's on the radio
I never heard a single thing
might be due to the fact that I had 2 jagerbombs and 12 beers last night

dj2381

Expert Member
Around 3:30am 1 big flash just under 2 seconds before the boom and a smaller one immediately after which lit up the sky in a amazing blueish purple color, it was awesome, I wish there was more though, it fizzled out pretty quickly.

Papa Smurf

Honorary Master
you guys must let me know next time we're in for a thunder night. i'll stay sober for it

Papa Smurf

Honorary Master
glad im not on my jetski today in this weather
i love this rain but not when the wind is this bad as well