Rain and storm for Cpt

Shake&Bake

Party Liaison
I woke up this afternoon gasping for air, it was so damned hot! 28C?! Where the heck did that come from?

Fell asleep after my nightshift and it was still chilly :eek:

• Wow
Reactions: Yuu

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
Very breezy when I left home this morning using my windsurfer to come to work, the clouds were very dark over the entire Cape Town. It looked awesome, so nice for a cool overcast day today, lets hope it stays like this. Hopefully, a drizzle coming soon this weekend

Gordon_R

Honorary Master
Very breezy when I left home this morning using my windsurfer to come to work, the clouds were very dark over the entire Cape Town. It looked awesome, so nice for a cool overcast day today, lets hope it stays like this. Hopefully, a drizzle coming soon this weekend

Coastal lows tend to produce wind, cloud and fog, but not rain. You can see the effects on this morning's satellite image:

MET9_721-southernAfrica_20210910_0600[crop_X2].jpg

Gordon_R

Honorary Master
Been drizzling lightly on and off all morning. Forecast initially was for rain to stop by 9am but it seems to be ongoing albeit very light...

Seems to have stopped now (1:30pm). 11mm in gauge here in Kenilworth (orographic effect close to the mountain). Definitely more than I expected for a 'weak' cold front.

Edit: The next 'weak' cold front will be on Tues 14th. Unsettled weather ahead for most of next week...

Last edited:

MirageF1

Executive Member
Totally unexpected rain for about an hour Fish Hoek way... when I left Meadowridge it was pretty warm with sunshine, was no forecast for any rain in CT today.

Just started raining again Glencairn way... weird weather.

Last edited:

MirageF1

Executive Member
And again this morning in Glencairn, some heavy rain around 7-8am accompanied by dence low cloud.

Totally unexpected!
It's cleared up now, but still broken cloud cover, and there was a fairly strong wind blowing, which seems to have subsided somewhat.