RAIN LTE-A: Speedtests

Flashgear

Flashgear
Consistently getting these speeds for past month + :D

WebAfrica.

6663073992.png

Last edited:
Slightly off topic, what type of antenna do I need for the Huawei router and where do I get it in CT? Have an account at Miro

Thanks

I am only getting 8mb down and 6mb up and suspect it might be a poor signal. Most times all 3 lights are on, but right now only one. The transmitter is about 800m from me line of sight

Edit: Miro only have single pole YAGIs for LTE

Last edited:
Slightly off topic, what type of antenna do I need for the Huawei router and where do I get it in CT? Have an account at Miro

Thanks

I am only getting 8mb down and 6mb up and suspect it might be a poor signal. Most times all 3 lights are on, but right now only one. The transmitter is about 800m from me line of sight

Edit: Miro only have single pole YAGIs for LTE
Buy from poynting direct, poynting Xpol 6 antenna. From otto.co.za you buy 2 x ts9 to sma adapters. Then you are sorted. And of course pole and bracket for mounting against wall, this you can buy from ellies.

Springs

Ping: 17ms
Download: 44.98Mbps
Upload: 11.99Mbps

With antenna.

Huawei Router Status Bar: 1
Rain Coverage: None
Johannesburg South
Service Provider: Afrihost

DOWNLOAD
9.83Mb/s
UPLOAD
1.21Mb/s
PING
18 ms
RATING
3/5 Stars
DEVICE
HUAWEI VNS-L31
ISP
2/5 Stars
IBURST
SERVER
JOHANNESBURG

speedtest.jpg

Test done in Centurion. Following the Rain test result above done 10m away from the router I moved to 2m away and got a 30Mps download and 0.6Mps upload.

The only drawback so far for the Rain Router is the weak WiFi signal. My TP-Link ADSL router gives me a signal even 40m away from my house.

Last edited:
Test done in Centurion. Following the Rain test result above done 10m away from the router I moved to 2m away and got a 30Mps download and 0.6Mps upload.

The only drawback so far for the Rain Router is the weak WiFi signal. My TP-Link ADSL router gives me a signal even 40m away from my house.

Use the TP-Link as an AP then? Remember to enable DHCP relay.

View attachment 469147

Get your self a Antenna, your speed would double more like triple in value.
All i Use on my side is a Old Phone cable as a Antenna.

I also get barely one bar on my router, that's why i use a home made antenna that works for me, don't have the extra cash now to buy the outside Antenna.

With my Home made Antenna I get 5 Mbps to 10 Mbps down.

Back