RAIN LTE-A: Speedtests

Kiemo

That is indeed the 250 package...Alright, if you wanna copy our overpowered setup, you're going to need a Huawei b618-22d, and a Poynting xpol-6 antenna. For the antenna, you will need TS9 to SMA adapter, to plug into the router.

I am curious to know your signal stats, and to see what band you are on. Our tower is far away, like over a kilometre, and we very slowly adjust the antenna mounted on a pole to get the best direct line to that tower, which to be honest, I can't even see. We point to that far away tower, because it's a 2600TDD tower, which is faster, but you need to have a high gain antenna if you're far away from it, and just keep on trying to reposition it until you manage to find a decent signal, then fine tune it from there.

If there is no 2600 tower in your area, that's pretty unlucky, however, we've gotten as high as 30-50mbps on the 1800 band, and the upload is like 25mbps...The only thing is that the 1800 towers are often quite congested, so at most times of the day, you only get like...10-20mbps even if you're all kitted out. Still a hell of a lot better than the connection you have.

The above mentioned equipment isn't really THAT expensive, considering the improvement you will have. Got our b618 for a grand, and the antenna for a grand. Just have to shop around.
thanks I really appreciate this I’lldefinitely keep this in mind ... I’m trying my best to figure out what the states are so I’ll definitely keep you posted this I can only give after the lockdown oh also about the router I’m getting a B525-65a this one should be solid ? The antenna I’ll look into as well because I have been called by rain yesterday and they said I’m very much far away from the tower I’ll see now to get the tower info I’m trying my best to get all this info to fix up my poor speeds if we get this right we can help so many people that have the same problem thanks I really appreciate this efforts

rustypup

I don't want to jinx it but for the first time in 5 months I've had almost a full day with no RAIN connection drops... it's almost spooky... end-times spooky....
1586544613489.png

Reactions: Yuu

eddybsb4u

That is indeed the 250 package...Alright, if you wanna copy our overpowered setup, you're going to need a Huawei b618-22d, and a Poynting xpol-6 antenna. For the antenna, you will need TS9 to SMA adapter, to plug into the router.

I am curious to know your signal stats, and to see what band you are on. Our tower is far away, like over a kilometre, and we very slowly adjust the antenna mounted on a pole to get the best direct line to that tower, which to be honest, I can't even see. We point to that far away tower, because it's a 2600TDD tower, which is faster, but you need to have a high gain antenna if you're far away from it, and just keep on trying to reposition it until you manage to find a decent signal, then fine tune it from there.

If there is no 2600 tower in your area, that's pretty unlucky, however, we've gotten as high as 30-50mbps on the 1800 band, and the upload is like 25mbps...The only thing is that the 1800 towers are often quite congested, so at most times of the day, you only get like...10-20mbps even if you're all kitted out. Still a hell of a lot better than the connection you have.

The above mentioned equipment isn't really THAT expensive, considering the improvement you will have. Got our b618 for a grand, and the antenna for a grand. Just have to shop around.
B618-22d and Xpol-006 all together for R2000? Where they brand new? Where was that?

MrJacques

Down to dial-up speeds ... I can barely browse. My Vodacom 3G connection is also slow today.

Earlier today: Ping 522ms Download 0.07Mbps Upload 0.67Mbps
15:18: Ping 27ms Download 0.29Mbps Upload 3.82Mbps

ghostbunny

thanks I really appreciate this I’lldefinitely keep this in mind ... I’m trying my best to figure out what the states are so I’ll definitely keep you posted this I can only give after the lockdown oh also about the router I’m getting a B525-65a this one should be solid ? The antenna I’ll look into as well because I have been called by rain yesterday and they said I’m very much far away from the tower I’ll see now to get the tower info I’m trying my best to get all this info to fix up my poor speeds if we get this right we can help so many people that have the same problem thanks I really appreciate this efforts
Sorry, I did not see that reply, yes that router is solid afaik.

IamMe18

So for the past 2 months I've been getting terrible speeds around 5Mbps. So I decided to move the router around the house and try to use some tool I found here to force the router on band 38.

1800mhz with 5 bars on B315
Screenshot_20200416_123104_eu.vspeed.mybroadband.jpg

Forced band 38/41 with 4 bars on B315
Screenshot_20200416_123543_eu.vspeed.mybroadband.jpg

If changing bands can triple the speed, I wonder what getting an external antenna will do.

Groggyme

So for the past 2 months I've been getting terrible speeds around 5Mbps. So I decided to move the router around the house and try to use some tool I found here to force the router on band 38.

View attachment 822999

View attachment 823001

If changing bands can triple the speed, I wonder what getting an external antenna will do.
Can you share with us which tool that was and perhaps how you changed your settings? Im on a B315 and on Rain and my speeds are terrible. Im in LoS of the tower and still not getting great speeds.

This looks like a fantastic improvement.

IamMe18

Can you share with us which tool that was and perhaps how you changed your settings? Im on a B315 and on Rain and my speeds are terrible. Im in LoS of the tower and still not getting great speeds.

This looks like a fantastic improvement.
Connect the laptop to your B315 router. Unzip and then double click on the LTE_2500_TDD_Rain_b38.bat file. That's how I did it.

Attachments

Chad_29

View attachment 822999

View attachment 823001

Lucky you. I can barely get 3mbps with my 4 bars of forced band 38/41.

Kiemo

For anyone out there by now you should be getting decent speeds or at least something to go on with until rain gets more spectrum they got 30mhz on there 2600mhz band and for someone like me that experienced bad speeds for months could I say a year ... and for Them getting extra spectrum this helps towers that’s congested so I am getting something I can say I enjoy it’s not much but it’s something I’ll show you two pictures and for the first picture the speeds I have been getting was for over 7 to 9 months and the other picture was after yesterday when they got extra spectrum and I did no changes to anything still a pocket router I got R218

Attachments

James946

For anyone out there by now you should be getting decent speeds or at least something to go on with until rain gets more spectrum they got 30mhz on there 2600mhz band and for someone like me that experienced bad speeds for months could I say a year ... and for Them getting extra spectrum this helps towers that’s congested so I am getting something I can say I enjoy it’s not much but it’s something I’ll show you two pictures and for the first picture the speeds I have been getting was for over 7 to 9 months and the other picture was after yesterday when they got extra spectrum and I did no changes to anything still a pocket router I got R218
My tower only supports the band 1800 so im f'd. 0.06mbps on speedtest