RAIN LTE-A: Speedtests

unobeat

Every since I received my Sim, the connection is horribly slow but i have 4 bar network coverage which tells me that something small is missing for my network connection to improve.

Steve McClean

Been trying to get someone, anyone, from rain to help for several months now - this is typical:
speedtest.png
Full 5 bars on my router ALL THE TIME. I'm disgusted both with the service and with the customer !care.
No possibility of a hardline of any description at the moment so this is the cheapest way to get the data bandwidth I need but trying to use rain seems to be an exercise in futility.

Last email in chain of emails with customer !care was a week ago - replies? Not so much.

Hey @rain_mobile can you give someone a bit of kick?

Last edited:

unobeat

So i contacted Rain suport on Tweeter and got prompt response.

After i engaged with them, rechecking my APN settings and moving my portable WIFI router around the house.

These are my current speeds as of this morning, which is very decent.

I have ordered a new TP LINK router as i am overdue to get 1 and it should give me way better speeds and WIFI coverage around the house.

chakniks

So i contacted Rain suport on Tweeter and got prompt response.

After i engaged with them, rechecking my APN settings and moving my portable WIFI router around the house.

These are my current speeds as of this morning, which is very decent.

I have ordered a new TP LINK router as i am overdue to get 1 and it should give me way better speeds and WIFI coverage around the house.
which tp-link router will you be getting?

Spalding#1

My speed has been extra slow since yesterday, Download Speed 0.2mbps and Upload 2.0 Mbps. I e-mailed Rain CC yesterday ,but have not heard any response . Query No:1767645

Rain, you must really do something about your Customer Service that is almost "None Existent"

unobeat

My speed has been extra slow since yesterday, Download Speed 0.2mbps and Upload 2.0 Mbps. I e-mailed Rain CC yesterday ,but have not heard any response . Query No:1767645

Rain, you must really do something about your Customer Service that is almost "None Existent"
I seem to get better support response on Twitter than on email.

Kiemo

Anyone with a B525-65a router ? And speed test on rain ... also if they can show me what band they using ... I can only choose 1800 and 2300

The Secret Turnip

The wife got a Rain 5G couple weeks ago when our fibre went down, the thing has been working great. Coming today to see what people are saying about it, I guess I'll keep both for a while and see.

Laptop using Ethernet:

Cell phone using 2.4 GHz WiFi:

Cell phone using 5 GHz WiFi:

Kaysway

So this morning I was doing speedtests on both my 4g home unlimited and the 19hr packages. The 19hr is on B618 and maxes out at 60mbps and the Home Unlimited at a standard 10-12mbps on a pocket router. When both these Routers are switched on, the 24/7 package maxes out at 30mpbs which is way beyond the 10mbps cap. When I turn off the B618 the pocket router maxes out at 12mbps again.

Anyone who knows why this is the case?

Attachments

cavedog

Honorary Master
So this morning I was doing speedtests on both my 4g home unlimited and the 19hr packages. The 19hr is on B618 and maxes out at 60mbps and the Home Unlimited at a standard 10-12mbps on a pocket router. When both these Routers are switched on, the 24/7 package maxes out at 30mpbs which is way beyond the 10mbps cap. When I turn off the B618 the pocket router maxes out at 12mbps again.

Anyone who knows why this is the case?
Well it is speed capped at 10-12Mbps from the tests I did. Sometimes it it goes past the cap but I think that is just luck honestly.

TshegoTSM

Just off the topic....

I just bought a rain sim, will it work in a Cell C RTL30VW LTE - Home Router?