RAIN LTE-A: Speedtests

koogs

19hr package B315

I have the same package and router but can only dream of getting speeds like that in Durban. If I get 2mbps I consider myself lucky......

Do you use an external antenna? I am wondering if I should even invest in one. I am waiting for fibre to be offere in my area as they have just finished installing the cables but nothing is available right now.

Goosfrabba

I have opened another ticket with Rain and will be lodging a complaint with ICASA once I meet their requirements for opening one.

I am considering getting another sim on the R250 package and having them run side by side. I strongly suspect they are throttling on the uncapped package. Last week the connection was great but so far this week it has turned to garbage again.

elriconess

I have the same package and router but can only dream of getting speeds like that in Durban. If I get 2mbps I consider myself lucky......

Do you use an external antenna? I am wondering if I should even invest in one. I am waiting for fibre to be offere in my area as they have just finished installing the cables but nothing is available right now.
I'm using an antenna.I'm getting full bars. This one:

Address: Poynting

morbill

Ping: 22ms
Download: 3.86Mbps
Upload: 15.72Mbps
Lorraine Manor ,Port Elizabeth

SirFooK'nG

Executive Member
I converted my existing SIM card this morning to the 24/7 uncapped package

I don’t know what kind of a joke is this
I get the same .. they have told me after a month of back / forward emails, stupid settings which make no difference, and using a high gain Mikrotik external router, that they have congestion on the towers .... So I am peeved. They know there is congestion and give the end user a f u run around at our cost instead of just admitting it. Sales of Rain for congested areas should be stopped.

faraaz93

I get the same .. they have told me after a month of back / forward emails, stupid settings which make no difference, and using a high gain Mikrotik external router, that they have congestion on the towers .... So I am peeved. They know there is congestion and give the end user a f u run around at our cost instead of just admitting it. Sales of Rain for congested areas should be stopped.
Well with all the negative reviews I was expecting it

however the few people in my area only have good to say

however this is crappy service from Rain

end of the day the customer shouldn’t be given opportunity to complain

Reactions: SAV