Rain refunds customers after billing issues

Joseph matane

Rain is also having problem 3... secured payments gateway TymeBank card payment is not available and TymeBank says this is because Rain payment gateway is not secured enough

Gazg

"One reader who contacted MyBroadband said they had downgraded their 5G service to Rain’s unlimited off-peak 4G data product because they were not satisfied with the performance of their 5G connection"

Lol, then it must have been flippin bad.....

Cfdup

Times still the same in my area, poor connection. It has been three months now, last time we had decent speed was on 14 May for two days, before that also bad connection. In Pretoria Gardens area, does anyone have any whatsapp groups we can maybe share experience or get assistance? Rain not providing support, they say its my hardware, but same hardware ranges from good to really bad.

Attachments

• 14 May 2020.jpg
    14 May 2020.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 22
  • 1 Jun 2020.jpg
    1 Jun 2020.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 23
  • 3 Jun 2020.jpg
    3 Jun 2020.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 21

Kaysway

If rain didn’t fumble the R479 deal, they won’t be dealing with so many downgrades.

cj1

I frequently have to reboot my router on 4g uncapped in Midrand. Really not worth the money. I think Rain is really taking users back to bygone years with their crappy products and lately service. They should infect charge half for their products.

hjst45

Is there any way to remove your card details without replacing it with a new card? Or can I delete the account completely?

cr@zydude

Executive Member
Rain is also having problem 3... secured payments gateway TymeBank card payment is not available and TymeBank says this is because Rain payment gateway is not secured enough

That's hilarious since they have the same parent company.

Joseph matane

That's hilarious since they have the same parent company.
True and TymeBank supported Rain store from first day they launched local online transactions
Rain didn't complain about TymeBank misleading clients
Suddenly today Rain Mobile is telling me the only support five major banks
ABSA
Capitec Bank
FNB
Standard Bank
Nedbank Screenshot_20200603-160436.png Screenshot_20200603-143332.png

cr@zydude

Executive Member
True and TymeBank supported Rain store from first day they launched local online transactions
Rain didn't complain about TymeBank misleading clients
Suddenly today Rain Mobile is telling me the only support five major banks
ABSA
Capitec Bank
FNB
Standard Bank
Nedbank View attachment 850539 View attachment 850541

That should make for some awkward conversations at the next company retreat!

Nurple Derple

Honorary Master
I had an issue on Monday when trying to upgrade. Firstly I noticed I didn't get billed for the previous month which normally happens either on the last day of the month or on the morning of the 1st. But it was already 12pm yet no message from my bank about the transaction.

So I log onto the website on my laptop with my credentials and the website was saying that it was incorrect. So then I tried to go onto MyBB to vent but the site wouldn't load.

Went onto my phone and managed to login with the credentials that didn't work before and MyBB also worked on my phone. So I try again to login into the rain website on my laptop and it was still saying my creditials were wrong and MyBB still didn't work.

A couple hours later I get the SMS that the rain payment went through and I checked both rain and MyBB both were back to normal.

Very strange

makhado m

I got billed for a canceled service and 2 days later still waiting on their support to reply

NeoZA

any one know how to get hold of Rain, canceled a service and still getting billed, you cant cancel the service online anymore like you could before, and logging a support call with rain does not work, the calles just get closed .

koogs

I did a manual payment via their website as I had a dispute the previous month. Everything went through fine but yesterday they disconnected me for non payment.

I checked my bank statement online and I see that there was no payment to them but everything looked fine when I did the payment online on 01/06......

kennedym

I cancelled after 7 days. I did some analysis on their network and there are numerous routing issues which I reported to them. They don't communicate or give feedback. I returned the device within 7 days and was promised a refund. More than a month later, still waiting for refund and everytime I log a ticket, they close it with no response. As useful as a glass hammer.