Rain routing issue

Pixual

Expert Member
No fancy connection for me, just plain plugnplay Huawei B618 router and using Google DNS. Speedtests are mostly above 20Mbps download and 15Mbps uploads. I have set the router to only use the 4G 1800Mhz band otherwise I get a very unbalanced connection (like 70Mbps down and 1Mbps up).

I use Youtube on Apple TV4K and also on a LG 4K Smart TV. This evening it will work for a little while then either tell me I'm offline or just not load at all.

I am beyond perplexed with this.

ronald911

Expert Member
My parents having the same issues.
Many apps on iPhone / iPad not working + can't access App store.
Smart TV with Netlfix / YouTube is useless.

I actually thought at first it's Cloudflare DNS giving issues over the weekend, so switched over to Google DNS over the weekend - made a slight difference at first but thereafter, back to square one.

So definitely not DNS issue.

Must be Rain / Afrihost's routing being firetrucked.

Will see if I can get hold of Afrihost today and ask what's up.

Last edited:

SAV

Logged another ticket with Afrihost.

"
Greetings,

I hope this mail finds you in good health.

Sincere apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.

We have received reports of limited to no connectivity from Fixed Wireless clients on the Rain network.

We are working with Rain engineers to localise and resolve the issue. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Kind Regards,
Zano

Afrihost.com "

Pixual

Expert Member
They are clueless. I did see their notification on their app about the fixed LTE service from Rain, which they have now cleared. Things seem to be operating normally for me again, but this might change by the evening.

SAV

That's excellent news, I'll check at home tonight but I can at least access my CCTV now without issue which is a good sign.

No fancy connection for me, just plain plugnplay Huawei B618 router and using Google DNS. Speedtests are mostly above 20Mbps download and 15Mbps uploads. I have set the router to only use the 4G 1800Mhz band otherwise I get a very unbalanced connection (like 70Mbps down and 1Mbps up).

I use Youtube on Apple TV4K and also on a LG 4K Smart TV. This evening it will work for a little while then either tell me I'm offline or just not load at all.

I am beyond perplexed with this.
Similar situation.
I could not connect to the internet for about a week.
Axxess said they had no reports on rain.
I have another subscription with Rain with worked fine from the same location.

Eventually by setting up my router to only be on 1800Mhz resolved the problem for me as well