Rain super slow in my area

biometrics

Honorary Master
Webafrica has some telkom/cell c packages
Personally I'd avoid getting a Telkom product through a third party, they are already difficult enough to deal with.

In my case Cell C was slow (like 1 Mbps) and Rain and Telkom was fast. Then Rain degraded leaving me with Telkom.

lotus123

When I first installed Rain Mobile the speeds were average. Then I put an external antenna on the roof and the speeds increased dramatically.
A few weeks back I suddenly started experiencing slow speeds again, and after a lot of effort in trying to get Rain to assist they finally gave me new tower co-ordinates to aim at. That worked okay, but as of a few days ago the speeds suddenly shot up again.
It appears to me that the towers get re-configured and either go slow, or fast. Sometimes you might need an antenna, or aim at another tower.

MirageF1

Expert Member
It appears to me that the towers get re-configured and either go slow, or fast.
I'm certain all the ISP's do this...basically robbing Peter to pay Paul or oversubscribing without a care.
So for the average Joe user its a game of constant Russian roulette hit and miss and are clueless what to do when all of a sudden their speeds take a massive hit...

Napalm

Expert Member
I still got a B618 LTE router.. (i'm in CPT) - Good offers are welcome. Msg me.