Rain Support

PeterDM

Anybody remember the disaster that was the Rain launch?

Well, it appears they have not managed to improve their support one iota.

I reported a billing problem on the 1st Nov, and aside from a few email messages making nonsense suggestions and confirming my details, they have not managed to resolve my issue. It still takes anywhere from 3 to 7 days per response.

Ho hum, time to move again ...

Ppretor

Anybody remember the disaster that was the Rain launch?

Well, it appears they have not managed to improve their support one iota.

I reported a billing problem on the 1st Nov, and aside from a few email messages making nonsense suggestions and confirming my details, they have not managed to resolve my issue. It still takes anywhere from 3 to 7 days per response.

Ho hum, time to move again ...
I am having the misfortune of having to deal with them now, I bought the 4G sim through Takealot, after RAM stuffed up my original delivery, and I CANNOT activate the sim, the live chat is a terrible joke, the call centre reminds me of the Old Telkom (The effed up one I mean).

It is an absolute nightmare.
Now, the R1 is not the problem, but they do have my credit card details, and I cannot remove that card, so I must just hope things doesn't get any worse.

ngoni615

I am having the misfortune of having to deal with them now, I bought the 4G sim through Takealot, after RAM stuffed up my original delivery, and I CANNOT activate the sim, the live chat is a terrible joke, the call centre reminds me of the Old Telkom (The effed up one I mean).

Now, the R1 is not the problem, but they do have my credit card details, and I cannot remove that card, so I must just hope things doesn't get any worse.
You can cancel anytime and they wont bill u continuously like telkom lol never put your credit card details on anything telkom related. I found out the hard way

sa-rab

Rains support sucks. The live chat i waited for over to hours tried to phone them was cut off after holding half an hour for them. All i want to do is register a sim card as pay as you use but the only option is unlimited I don't want that. Been trying to get hold of them since 12h00 today.

ngoni615

Rains support sucks. The live chat i waited for over to hours tried to phone them was cut off after holding half an hour for them. All i want to do is register a sim card as pay as you use but the only option is unlimited I don't want that. Been trying to get hold of them since 12h00 today.
You do not need to call them hahaha. You just login to your portal and switch off the unlimited data option and the changes take effect end of month.

ngoni615

You can register the sim card alone and manually online bud.

IamMe18

Just get on the live chat and tell them you can't activate the Sim because you didn't recieve the Rica sms. I had the same problem and that's what fixed it for me.