Raised by wolves [sci-fi]

UrBaN963

Honorary Master
Saw the trailer, looked interesting.

Is there much action?

saor

Honorary Master
Look I'm assuming this is a spoiler thread as with all series-specific threads.

Just watched the first episode. Damn, how good was that!
Looking forward to more :thumbsup:
It's weird I kinda did enjoy the first episode but at the end I thought ugh...we're stuck here now? Wtf are they gonna do for a whole season.

Brenden_E

Executive Member
Saw the trailer, looked interesting.

Is there much action?
I should add there are some action scenes, but they were the weakest part of the show, to be honest. There's no cool choreographed stuff that made me go, "WooooO!"

UrBaN963

Honorary Master
I should add there are some action scenes, but they were the weakest part of the show, to be honest. There's no cool choreographed stuff that made me go, "WooooO!"
That’s actually a good thing. Want something decent to watch with the lady; but she’s not much into action.

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
I though the scenes with her going into full attack mode was pretty cool and unique and definitely was the better part of the episode.

Brenden_E

Executive Member
I though the scenes with her going into full attack mode was pretty cool and unique and definitely was the better part of the episode.
Maybe it's just me, but the hand to hand scenes felt like old kung fu movies - they were fighting in slow motion. Why are advanced robots so slow :/

The splatter scene was OK. Hard to put my finger on it, but it lacked punch. It was more an artistic sequence than an action sequence.

But all in all, I'm enjoying this a lot. Watched episode 3 and can't wait for the rest.

FrankCastle

Executive Member
Some heavy religious symbolism.

One of the androids is called Jinn.
Looks like the Mithraic are modelled on the Christian crusades.
And then obviously the atheism/theism dynamics.

Brenden_E

Executive Member

Have you watched episode 3(I think it was 3, maybe it was 2)? They aren't kind to atheists. They made atheists into those Mad Max crazies XD

MightyQuin

Honorary Master

Definitely when you look at their costumes.

Will watch more tonight for sure.

FrankCastle

Executive Member
Have you watched episode 3(I think it was 3, maybe it was 2)? They aren't kind to atheists. They made atheists into those Mad Max crazies XD
The Androids are the protectors so atheism is the preferred choice.
The villians are Sol worshippers.

Dairyfarmer

Expert Member
I've watched the first episode. It was very slow in the beginning. Don't think it added much to the story. Could have been half the time. Everything important seems to happen in the last few minutes. Lets see what E02 brings.

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
Ok...so I watched E02 and E03 last night and this is "Lost in Space", with a bit more blood.

The premise seems great, but the execution is kak, plain and simple.

TERRIBLE writing and extremely average acting.

skimread

Honorary Master
Ok...so I watched E02 and E03 last night and this is "Lost in Space", with a bit more blood.

The premise seems great, but the execution is kak, plain and simple.

TERRIBLE writing and extremely average acting.
I enjoyed it. It is sooooo much better compared to all the other kak SciFi series that to me are unwatchable. The 100 comes to mind which has a similar storyline.

It has a movie rather than a series feel to it.

To me it's more watchable than Picard and West World Season 3. If you want an example of writing went bad then those two are good examples

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
I enjoyed it. It is sooooo much better compared to all the other kak SciFi series that to me are unwatchable. The 100 comes to mind which has a similar storyline.

It has a movie rather than a series feel to it.

To me it's more watchable than Picard and West World Season 3. If you want an example of writing went bad then those two are good examples
I agree on West World. Gave up on that a few episodes into S02 already. Didn't finish Picard either...

I also wanted to love this show. The trailer and opening sequences looked awesome...but it's just bad and even cringeworthy in a lot of scenes.

skimread

Honorary Master
I agree on West World. Gave up on that a few episodes into S02 already. Didn't finish Picard either...

I also wanted to love this show. The trailer and opening sequences looked awesome...but it's just bad and even cringeworthy in a lot of scenes.
The androids, the religious nuts and the kids come from a very different dystopian future. I am actually happy you don't have the usual stereotypical characters. It might seem like bad acting but the way they speak fits in with the world they came from. To you it might seem as bad acting but the way they speak and act makes it more consistent.

I am glad there is no sassy female teenager, no horny young men, no sex symbol, no rebel character, no character with criminal background, no feminist protagonist.
Without those characters it might make it boring to some.