• You are not registered on MyBroadband, which means you miss out on great benefits. To join our community is very easy, and completely free. Register now.
  • New Two-Day Giveaway - Enter Here

Rapidnet

Salt

Expert Member
Hey just thought I would leave this here. Have you guys heard of CrystalWeb? They recently released a new service called XtremeTTH, it might be a feasible option for those looking for WISPs at affordable pricing. It combines Fibre and WISP apparently. And the pricing seems too good to be true :-/ Unfortunately not available yet in my area, but they say that all you need is 10 people in your area that are interested in the service and they can then proceed with the installation. Just putting it out there, more hope I guess.
Yep - I have flooded our neighborhood facebook group with posts about this hoping people sign up :)

Camoh2006

Hey guys... is anyone on Rapidnet and if you are, how has the service been so far? Current internet provider cancels next month (can't wait) so on the search for a new provider for a great price and service

oitar

Hi all. Got a 5 Mbps package recently in the Primrose area. So far so good. There were 2 consecutive nights during the week when the internet disappeared for about 10 min, but otherwise not bad. Able to watch Netflix on 2 separate devices with decent quality and no buffering.

Camoh2006

Hi everyone - just wanted to let you all know where I am at at the moment. I have recently decided to change from Neotel, their service is absolutely shocking and I am paying R699 for 2mbps internet that is permanently down.

I have decided to change to Rapidnet, their prices are absolutely fantastic (R699 for 10mbps) and they come with a free router as well as free installation.

Called them on Friday and they said that they could either come out on the weekend to do a Line of Sight (LOS) test or on Tuesday. I selected Tuesday (Today) and have been absolutely blown away by the service I have received.

They arrived on time at 9 exactly - they were friendly and answered all the questions I had and quickly took pictures and did the test. This is great service as it is first impressions that count and I can tell you I did not receive this service from Neotel!

I am anxiously waiting for head office to contact me to say what line I can qualify for and I'm hoping it's 10mbps because for the price, you will not find anything to compare!

Will let you guys know when I get the call - put me in your prayers

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
Hi everyone - just wanted to let you all know where I am at at the moment. I have recently decided to change from Neotel, their service is absolutely shocking and I am paying R699 for 2mbps internet that is permanently down.

I have decided to change to Rapidnet, their prices are absolutely fantastic (R699 for 10mbps) and they come with a free router as well as free installation.

Called them on Friday and they said that they could either come out on the weekend to do a Line of Sight (LOS) test or on Tuesday. I selected Tuesday (Today) and have been absolutely blown away by the service I have received.

They arrived on time at 9 exactly - they were friendly and answered all the questions I had and quickly took pictures and did the test. This is great service as it is first impressions that count and I can tell you I did not receive this service from Neotel!

I am anxiously waiting for head office to contact me to say what line I can qualify for and I'm hoping it's 10mbps because for the price, you will not find anything to compare!

Will let you guys know when I get the call - put me in your prayers
That difference of R500 between m2m and 12/24 month contract gives me trust issues...

Camoh2006

Sorry for being so absent but would like to take the time now to tell you guys where I stand with Rapidnet Broadband.

I gave Neotel my 1 month notice to cancel which they happily obliged to and cancelled me on Friday, 28th September. This meant that I was left without internet for the weekend due to Rapidnet only being able to install on Monday. They phoned me on Friday to ensure all the details were correct and told me that an installer would be at my house first thing in the morning.

Monday came and at 7:45 - I got a call to say that Rapidnet we’re outside my estate and waiting to come inside. I was so impressed that they arrived early and were so friendly when they greeted me or asked me questions.

They installed the ariel on the roof and neatly ran the cord through the roof into the room where the router is installed. They put the cord across the wall so neatly that you don’t even realize that it is there and rolled up excess cord and cable tied it - ensuring that everything was done to the best to satisfy myself.

The install took approximately 2 hours including setup where everything was adjusted to ensure I am getting my promised download speed.

I am extremely happy with the service I recieved when installing as well and the actual internet service. I pay for 5mbps and either get over 5mbps or just under which is excellent. To go from internet that hardly ever worked and was slow to this is a huge step and I’m positive that I will upgrade my package to 10mbps as I am just so impressed.

Well done Rapidnet and I can ensure that I will recommend you to anyone as the service I am getting is absolutely fantastic and I have no complaints whatsoever!

Attached is a Speedtest to show just the amazing service that I am receiving from them!

phillyza

Can anyone tell me if the speed you're getting with Rapidnet stays the same no matter what time of day? I'm currently with Afrihost for their LTE Rain offering and in the evenings my internet speed is literally non-existing. Thinking to move over to Rapidnet but need stable, constant speed throughout the day.

Can anyone tell me if the speed you're getting with Rapidnet stays the same no matter what time of day? I'm currently with Afrihost for their LTE Rain offering and in the evenings my internet speed is literally non-existing. Thinking to move over to Rapidnet but need stable, constant speed throughout the day.
Hi Phillyza.

I've been with RapidNet now for 4 months and I have no problems at all. About the FUP, i used just over 380Gb in a month, with no throttling.

Speed, never really noticed any decrease in speed, the only thing that can play with your signal is the weather, and vegetation. I've noticed that on cloudy, rainy days, the signal might not be as good as you'd expect, but it makes sense as it is wireless, and not a physical line.

I'd recommend RapidNet to anyone.