Raru poor service

WorthyJoker

Can anyone tell me what's the deal with Raru? They were recommended to me by a friend so I decided to try them out.
Placed an order last month (18th December 2018) and it was scheduled for delivery for this month (11th January 2019). This Friday will be 2 weeks that I've not received my order. I've phoned countless times and emailed them twice, both of which got no response. I am now fed up, my order was a gift for someone too.
Anything that I can do or did I just lose out on my money?

Lupus

Honorary Master
I'm noticing the same thing, I ordered something for my niece in the middle of Dec with an estimated shipping date of Friday, now it's moved to the 25?

Dslartibarfast

They have done to absolute rubbish! I have ordered from them a lot in the past but my last experience is terrible! Placed order on 18 November, some stuff only arrived in late December others I had to cancel and am still fighting to get my money back.

WorthyJoker

Update: after a week, they have finally replied to my email. Stating that they will give me a refund. Let's see how long that will take.

Masataka

It’s a pity because I like supporting the good smaller companies, but something went seriously wrong there over December.

ekske1

Executive Member
back to loot? then again I haven't had any issues with neither of them.

Reactions: McT

xrapidx

Honorary Master
Going the takealot route - a few of these threads lately. I had the same experience, they weren't bothered that I wasn't going to use them again. At this rate they won't be around long.

They also ignored my request to delete my account and remove my details - so now I just report the mails as spam.

hj007

I think Raru must be going under, they seem unable to deliver or refund since November and no longer reply to e-mails judging by the number of other complaints.

WorthyJoker

I've done a lot of online shopping, from many different companies and not once have I ever experienced such appalling service. Raru straight up doesn't care and when you try to contact them, I think you will have a better chance of getting into contact with an extraterrestrial life form. They are quick to take your money but when it's time for a refund because they were too slow to deliver, you'll be waiting a while.

Honestly, how is a company like this still allowed to be operating? A quick Google search yields a massive amount of negative reviews all about the same things... poor service, no communication, slow refunds, late/no delivery.

Absolutley disgusting.

Last edited:

Drifter

Honorary Master
Strange, I have never had any issues, and I order at least every 2 months or so.

zipaxuys

Update to my experience, got an email only after I emailed them yet again! that they still have to send the item to the supplier, they have had it for 2 weeks already, totally useless, buyer beware, stick with takealot and loot.

Dslartibarfast

Update to my comment, finally got a refund after threatening them with a charge back on my purchase (it was R200 out of a R1000 delivery). So it only took 4 months to get it back.

Vernon

Expert Member
It's surprising to me because the people that run RARU used to run Take2 (Takealot). And they were mostly on the ball with the latter.

Drifter

Honorary Master
Have never had a bad experience with them, and I order quite often.

Turing

Have had multiple bad experiences with Raru and will not use them again.

hj007

Also got my cash back, ordered in November for which they had stock, after payment they mailed me straightaway that they didn't have stock, cancelled in mid December, credit card refunded last week after lots of complaints etc. will not use again.

blaaislaai

Executive Member
I'm just having issues with their courier (COURIER IT) not pitching for a 3rd day now, I have a faulty item that needs to be returned.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
I'm just having issues with their courier (COURIER IT) not pitching for a 3rd day now, I have a faulty item that needs to be returned.
Possibly because you stay in Strand. My company ships with Courier IT and Dawn Wing, depending on which quote is cheaper per order. The issues we have to deal with relating to deliveries to basically anywhere other than main centres are outrageous. And so are the costs.

We go way out of our way to sort out delivery issues. I guess Raru can't be bothered to deal with all that. It takes a lot of persistence to get anywhere with couriers.

Starting this week we're setting all regional postcodes to be restricted to in-store collection or Pargo click-and-collect. Only main centre postcodes will also be offered courier to the door. Some customers may be unhappy about that, but it's a net gain for everyone. Prices won't have to accommodate insane regional deliveries anymore, our customer support will have the common issue wiped out, regional customers will get their orders much faster and honestly, Pargo is a pretty convenient delivery method.

Now I just need a payment gateway that restricts Instant EFT to all banks but Capitec. Man, screw that bank. 99% of our customer support is spent on regional deliveries and Capitec payment issues. We already recommend manual EFT for Capitec customers, but some still head for Instant EFT. So we'll probably end up disabling Instant EFT entirely, just to stop Capitec people using it.