Raru poor service

xrapidx

Honorary Master
I'm just having issues with their courier (COURIER IT) not pitching for a 3rd day now, I have a faulty item that needs to be returned.
Good luck with them - they held a parcel of mine for ransom - customs value $44.99 (approx. R590) - they wanted me to pay an additional R691.23 for them to release the parcel. (for light-bulbs)

EDIT: Thought this was the gearbest thread :p

Last edited:

Deonlr

I also never used them, then gave them, a shot 2 months ago. 1st 2 orders went well, then I decided to take the plunge and finally ordered Gloomhaven. It shipped on 7 March, tracking have it leaving Cape Town on 7 March, and that was the last of it. Courier It either puts the phone down on me or promise to call me back, never does. Raru eventually answers the phone, promise to call back, never does.
7 emails, 16 calls, no solution.
But we battle on, next time might consider the Post Office as an option :cautious:

bar1

Expert Member
1 month to process a refund.

I will never order from them again.

xrapidx

Honorary Master
I recon they'll probably be bought out or go under soon.

cbrunsdonza

Honorary Master
1 month to process a refund.

I will never order from them again.
I was the lead engineer on streamlining the refund process for a large e-commerce. I got to see first hand the impact on customer service from reducing refunds from weeks to hours.

wbot

Expert Member
Ordered 3 items at the beginning of January, all IN STOCK, shipping date was supposed to be on 31 January and I'm still waiting.

Phoned them and they told me they're waiting for it to arrive from their warehouse. So my question is: where the hell is their warehouse? No way their warehouse is in Cape Town because then it wouldn't have taken this long. One of the items has arrived from the UK I believe and it's ready to ship but still no updates on the other 2. The warehouse must be very far away.

Also why do they advertise stuff as in stock when clearly it's not?

Totempole

Expert Member
Ordered 3 items at the beginning of January, all IN STOCK, shipping date was supposed to be on 31 January and I'm still waiting.

Phoned them and they told me they're waiting for it to arrive from their warehouse. So my question is: where the hell is their warehouse? No way their warehouse is in Cape Town because then it wouldn't have taken this long. One of the items has arrived from the UK I believe and it's ready to ship but still no updates on the other 2. The warehouse must be very far away.

In all the dealings I've had with RARU, delivery took ages. I always got what I ordered though.

hj007

After they pulled that stunt of having stock, only to be told it's now from a supplier, I stopped using them.

HarryS

Order was placed on 19th June. The item was in stock but after paying the money, I was later emailed saying it was out of stock and credit was added to my account. I requested a refund to my cc instead have been waiting since then! I have been told im in a "refund que". How can it take 6 weeks to still be waiting for a refund?

hj007

Order was placed on 19th June. The item was in stock but after paying the money, I was later emailed saying it was out of stock and credit was added to my account. I requested a refund to my cc instead have been waiting since then! I have been told im in a "refund que". How can it take 6 weeks to still be waiting for a refund?
Raru still pulling this stunt of selling in stock items but not having stock? See the previous replies, need to stop using them...

wbot

Expert Member
Yup I ordered an IN STOCK item in June which should've been delivered a few days later but I recieved an email in July saying that sorry it's not in stock and that they'll send it whenever (or if) they get stock again. Now August and still nothing.

ld13

Honorary Master
Yup I ordered an IN STOCK item in June which should've been delivered a few days later but I recieved an email in July saying that sorry it's not in stock and that they'll send it whenever (or if) they get stock again. Now August and still nothing.
They do seem to keep those promises by the way. You need to obviously press the correct buttons, then and again, and ask for updates etc, but they do deliver - eventually.
  • My mom ordered a watch in Feb. They claimed no stock a month later. We asked for a backorder. Then when the item showed in stock again in June, we nudged them and they delivered the item. Yes it took a while, but Mom was happy, so no harm no foul.
  • At about the same time, around Jan/Feb we ordered some items and the one item had a 25-30 working days lead time, since it was clearly an international import. It kept the whole order back (obviously and understandably). Just before lockdown we asked them if we could forego the item, to get our hands on the remainder of the order. They complied and we got the order. Surprise surprise, a week (or two) ago we get another delivery from them, with the imported item. No extra delivery fees or anything. This after I was happy to forego the item. Yes it took months, but in the mean while we had lockdown and international shipping died etc.
Unfortunately though, I cannot recommend them: Refunds take weeks. You have to smell that they have a stock/pricing issue and then not order said product, otherwise you will wait weeks for your refund. In the end it feels as if you are being used as a source of an interest free loan. So, like a ponzi, you will get something out if you cash out before the house of cards topple over...

wbot

Expert Member
They do seem to keep those promises by the way. You need to obviously press the correct buttons, then and again, and ask for updates etc, but they do deliver - eventually
I know they do which is why I haven't cancelled yet. Not the first time it's taken so long and i've never not received my orders.

But they should stop selling stuff as in stock when it's not.

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
I would have asked the bank to do a charge back, thats the entire point of paying with your credit card.

cr@zydude

Executive Member
Raru's been hit and miss this year. They have multi day lead times on game service vouchers, which is crazy. They did manage to get a physical delivery to me in 2 days though.

hj007

Bait and switch is unethical at a minimum and actually often criminal. I won't use them again after the first time but am surprised that people still do.

wbot

Expert Member
Bait and switch is unethical at a minimum and actually often criminal. I won't use them again after the first time but am surprised that people still do.
A lot of the time they have stuff other sites don't. They're also usually cheaper

Hellhound105

Expert Member
I cant defend them anymore.

Had an item I waited for over 6 months only to be told sorry.

This after me emailing every month to check on progress

hj007

A lot of the time they have stuff other sites don't. They're also usually cheaper
They don't actually have the stuff though, that's the whole point. If they take funds in on the basis of purchasing an item, and then they issue credit or make you wait while ordering it, that is unethical. At worst, you could find yourself in the situation that they close shop/bankruptcy etc while you're still waiting. Then it's fraud.

wbot

Expert Member
They don't actually have the stuff though, that's the whole point. If they take funds in on the basis of purchasing an item, and then they issue credit or make you wait while ordering it, that is unethical. At worst, you could find yourself in the situation that they close shop/bankruptcy etc while you're still waiting. Then it's fraud.
True but if they can get something I want that I can't find elsewhere or that other sites don't have then I'm gonna continue using them despite their lies and long waits. It's annoying but I can live with it