Rate Your Life [Part II]

feo

Honorary Master
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
13,722
Reaction score
109
Location
Pretoria, South Africa
OK, we've done this thread in the past and it was quite fun and pretty informative and enlightening at the same time so let's give it another go.

Basically, all you gotta do is rate your life as it is at the moment, anything between 1 and 10. 1 meaning your life sucks in all areas and can't get any worse and 10 meaning you pretty much have the perfect life.

Take into account things like your financial position, how much you earn, are you in debt, do you have a significant other, do you enjoy your job and pretty much anything that contributes to your quality of life.

I'll go first:

When it comes to finances, it's good but could be better. I'm young so I still have time to find my way around the corporate life. Debt free, so that's good. No girlfriend which SUCKS, seems pretty lonely all the time. Gotta drive from PTA to JHB every day to work so that's also a downer. Just lost out on a job opportunity to someone I know which has left a tiny dent in my heart but other than that my life is good.

I rate it a solid 7/10.
 
7/10.

-2 cause I'm not happy at work, and don't think now is a good time to try and move because of the recession - and with my lack of qualifactions, I don't want to have to prove myself all over again.

-1 cause I don't have billions of dollah's <-- got to aspire to something, right?
 
I'm in a job I like.

But the pay is pathetic.

I've been standing still with my studies (can't get started) for the last 2 years which freezes any other employment oppertunities.

I've got no gf.

But I have some good friends.

I live in a small flat on property with two old ladies and who owns it. And they bug me often if I shower more than once daily because the electricity is expensive. My rent is going up next month with a R100 when ESKOM raises the price with 31c.

I'm debt-free.

5
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hows about a little explanation of why it's a 1?

because Im in so much debt. Behind on rent, behind on car crash loan, commission taken away, landlord on my case almost every night. Im just in a rut at the moment :(
 
6.5

- not paid enough
- almost no time for anything
 
Finances are ok but bad debtors are pulling me down - 5 (Could be upgraded to a 9 soon :))

Earning is good but no fun when you have to service other people's debt - 8

Debt is bad... mainly car, studies and some poorly performing investments - 3 (with potential)

Just got my heart ripped out in the worst possible way by someone I cared for very much - 0

I don't enjoy my work much at the moment mainly because of all the presures, and probably because I still havn't found something I'm really passionate about - 5

All in all, i'd rate my life a 5
 
1) Student at the moment, so at least I don't have to worry about finances yet :)
2) Still have exams which are quite stressful
3) Met a few new people at university
4) Most of them are either away or do not live in CT, so it is quite boring being on holiday
5) However, I do like the relaxation of holiday.
6) Like Feo, also not having a gf is bugging me a little but I am 'working' on it.

At the moment? 6/10. Nearer exam time in October/November...3/10 :p
 
Fascinating thread!

I would prefer not to commit myself to a score, because life changes so easily and so quickly. Down in the dumps today, up on cloud nine tomorrow :)
 
Mr Blu is the one source of constant love and joy in my life, Keeper :)

don't you go to bed at like 1 AM usually? when does the love & joy come into the picture? :p

sorry for asking this though - but I sometimes neglect my SO in favour of the internet/mybb as well - thought you might have a solution for me?

you don't have to answer though, i know it's a bit personal.
 
don't you go to bed at like 1 AM usually? when does the love & joy come into the picture? :p

sorry for asking this though - but I sometimes neglect my SO in favour of the internet/mybb as well - thought you might have a solution for me?

you don't have to answer though, i know it's a bit personal.

No problem.

I do not neglect him - we have a business and during the week, Mr Blu works out of town, so I have to kill time here on my own. That 's where MyBB comes in handy!
 
out of town eh....? ok...

so if we don't see you posting after 9PM, we know who's home for the night....nice!
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X