Red Dead redemption 2

Acid0

Expert Member
I think this game was a fail.

After the end game there is not really much to do in the multiplayer except hunting.
Why is it still an open beta, surely this should become an official multiplayer by now.

ponder

Honorary Master
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/take...o-do-no-downside-to-releasing-the-game-on-pc/

Take-Two CEO on Red Dead Redemption 2 PC: It’s easy to do, no downside to releasing the game on PC
While Red Dead Redemption 2 has not been announced yet for the PC, Take Two’s CEO, Strauss Zelnick, claimed during an investor conference that it would be really easy to bring the game on the PC platform.

When asked about a possible PC version, Zelnick stated that it would be a layup for them (meaning that it would be easy to do), and that there would be no downside releasing Red Dead Redemption 2 on the PC.

“There is no downside to releasing the game on PC.”​
Of course this brings us to today, nearly 7 months after the game’s release on current-gen consoles. Since its release on both PS4 and Xbox One, we’ve seen numerous hints regarding a PC version, however nothing has been officially announced as of yet.

We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again; bringing Red Dead Redemption 2 on the PC appears to be a matter of “when” and not a matter of “if”.

Our guess is that Rockstar and Take-Two may bring this title on the PC once next-gen consoles hit the streets. Rockstar may release a remastered version of RDR2 on PS5 and the next Xbox console and if that happens, it will be the perfect time to also bring it to the PC.

We also suggest tempering your expectations regarding this year’s E3 as we don’t expect Take-Two to reveal Red Dead Redemption 2 for the PC during this gaming event (there is a small chance since Epic Games will have a big presence at E3 2019, however – and from what we’ve heard so far – a PC announcement seems unlikely).

Demavend

So now that significant time has passed and people have had time to reflect, was Red Dead Redemption 2 really that great?

I don't own a PS4 so I have been holding out for the PC release of RDR2, but I have so many other games in my steam library I haven't even touched yet, such as Kingdome Come and all its expansions, Prey and its DLC, Monster Hunter World, A Plague's Tale, Pillars of Eternity 2... etc. I want to know if RDR2 is truly a must-play title or if it would be OK to forget about it and finish the games I already have, which will take me probably 2 years.

ponder

Honorary Master
So now that significant time has passed and people have had time to reflect, was Red Dead Redemption 2 really that great?
Compared to GTA V, Witcher 3 etc I would say no. People are still playing those games years later but RDR2 is pretty quiet.

Last edited:

Demavend

Compared to GTA V, Withcher 3 etc I would say no. People are still playing those games years later but RDR2 is pretty quiet.
I heard that narrative wise RDR2 is really great, but gameplay wise it feels a bit frustrating and archaic. Do you agree with this?

Bryn

Doubleplusgood

I don't own a PS4 so I have been holding out for the PC release of RDR2, but I have so many other games in my steam library I haven't even touched yet, such as Kingdome Come and all its expansions, Prey and its DLC, Monster Hunter World, A Plague's Tale, Pillars of Eternity 2... etc. I want to know if RDR2 is truly a must-play title or if it would be OK to forget about it and finish the games I already have, which will take me probably 2 years.
Keep waiting for the PC release. I bought a PS4 Pro the month that RDR2 released, purely to play RDR2. I regret that decision, although not terribly.

RDR2 is an incredible game. The below statement couldn't be further from how I experienced it:

I heard that narrative wise RDR2 is really great, but gameplay wise it feels a bit frustrating and archaic. Do you agree with this?
The gameplay is tight and well calibrated. Shooting is great, side missions are great, story missions are great, the world is very beautiful, player controls are the usual best-in-class from Rockstar and both my playthroughs were close to 100% fun. You live and breath the world of RDR2 and you don't even think about other games while you're busy with it.

That said, I spent about 3 hours on Red Dead Online and never touched it again. I doubt that I will in the future. It's clear that Rockstar is all about the microtransactions now, and RD:O has learned everything it could from GTA: Online in how to nickel and dime players and reward the absolute bare minimum when completing objectives. The descent into money-grabbing bulls**t was painful to experience as a die-hard GTA: Online player, and I'm not even getting started on that s**t with RDR2. It's a crying shame, because RDR 1's online multiplayer was some of the best fun I've ever had with gaming.

Coming back to regretting my PS4 Pro, I figured that the other Playstation exclusives would greatly help justify the purchase. That didn't turn out to be true. The Uncharted games look good but I get frustrated out of my mind wondering around trying to find the next progress point (and have long since abandoned both games after not a huge amount of playtime), the boss battles in Spiderman don't explain the boss-specific mechanics well-enough and my casual self finds the game a miserable load of crap as a result, God of War was mostly fun but the difficulty of the angel things made me give up immediately on 100% completion and ruined the enjoyment of fully upgrading my gear and The Last of Us 2 Remastered had the same Naughty Dog issue for me of wandering around endlessly looking for what the game wanted me to do.

The only Playstation exclusive I was blown away by is Horizon: Zero Dawn. Holy s**t what a game. The Spyro remastered trilogy is also epic but that's multiplatform.

I would buy an Xbox One X if I was buying a console now. The Xbox Game Pass Ultimate is insane value and the selection of included games is huge. Playstation may have the exclusives, but Xbox has the value.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
So what you are saying is, as long as you don't care about pointless and redundant online crap the game is great?

Works for me!
Yeah, it's easily one of the best games of this generation.

The only thing I found bitterly disappointing is that absolutely none of the single player story takes place in the RDR1 portion of the map. Wtf.