[RELEASE] DStv Now KODI Add-on

WiseCrack

Expert Member
That does sound awesome and thank you for all your hard work.

I will make sure to buy Matt a coffee for his original work :)

maboku

Can we somehow donate to Jeremy for patiently helping us on this addon? I believe few of us can make it worth it. Few beers with his mates after lockdown

enerdude

Expert Member
@js9241698 are you aware of any issues with iptv merge in conjunction with the dstv now addon? I have done a fresh install and not getting any channel list via iptv simple client after adding dstv as playlist / epg.

Spiderman_RT

@js9241698 are you aware of any issues with iptv merge in conjunction with the dstv now addon? I have done a fresh install and not getting any channel list via iptv simple client after adding dstv as playlist / epg.
This time around it seems to be an android issue. Linux distro working fine

enerdude

Expert Member
This time around it seems to be an android issue. Linux distro working fine
Tried it on windows and a new android installation - same problem. My other 2 existing android setups seems fine for the moment but I'm afraid when the next auto-merge happen they might also have problems.

WiseCrack

Expert Member
I'm experiencing the same issue with a fresh install on coreelec.

Iptv merge and epg seems borked at the moment.

Imo23091986

if you load a new system and do log in loads everything but the channels dont play please assist as i am new

Imo23091986

m
(ignore that)

Got my login working, will get a fix for EPG soon.
I bet it's a unicode issue

UPDATE:
Nope, wasn't unicode issue
It was the code assuming the genre was not none

Fixed now in version 0.11.9
Can force update by following this:
https://www.matthuisman.nz/2019/09/how-to-force-kodi-to-update-add-ons.html
mine isnt working on my new system if i click on a channel it dont open channel to play it just show the channel info then the channel jump away

Spiderman_RT

m

mine isnt working on my new system if i click on a channel it dont open channel to play it just show the channel info then the channel jump away
Just follow the post that you quoted. Everything starts working once slyguy repo is updated and all the add-ons.

enerdude

Expert Member
m

What platform are you running the addon on? If it is android make sure it has widevine 3 support at least

COMPUTEK

Executive Member
Hi, Ill ask here since this thread is more active....

Is there no way to get the "showmax" addon more responsive like the dstvnow addon. ?

eg. when you click on movies within the addon, it takes a very long time to show the actual list of movies ... the same once you press stop, it takes long to go back and re-populate the list.

PS: i tried on various android devices and get the same slow response :unsure: