[RELEASE] DStv Now KODI Add-on

fireandice

Am i the only one getting the following error when accessing DSTV NOW : Tv Shows, Movies, Kids or Sport section on KODI (Pi4 Libreelec) :
IndexError: list index out of range
File"/resources/lib/api.py", line 176, in series return data['items'][0]['program']

fireandice

I logged out of DSTV Now app on Kodi and with correct credentials, i get Parse error and advised to logout and try again. still fails. uninstalled addon and redone it with repo. still fails

enerdude

Expert Member
I logged out of DSTV Now app on Kodi and with correct credentials, i get Parse error and advised to logout and try again. still fails. uninstalled addon and redone it with repo. still fails
You seem to have the same problem as @Peon above. Not sure what you guys do different but everybody else's seems to work.
When you uninstall the addon did you say yes when asked to remove all settings?

jumpup

Now that DSTV is allowing certain news channels to be viewed on DSTV now for free, is there anyway to use this addon to view them? If not could this be done. Thanks in advance.

jumpup

I have and I keep getting a parse login error. Is it possible I am doing something wrong?

src926

Hi, I'm having trouble getting the iptv merge to work. I installed it from Slyguy's repo and then used the setup iptv simple client option. I selected the addon and ran a merge but nothing shows up in the TV section. What am I missing?

enerdude

Expert Member
I followed the same process to generate the guide, however I installed the iptv merge from Slyguy's repo and not Matt's. I'll give this a try, thank you.
That guide is from slyguy's repo although published on Matt's blog

hotdog

Since using Slyguy’s repository I have no issues with DStv Now on both my Android box and my fire stick. Works well most of the time! I say most because I do experience some times when sections of videos repeat again for a few seconds and then jump ahead to the live feed again. This appears to be predominantly on live channels like news (ENCA for example when our president gives COVID-19 updates, it happens quite often) and sport. I Also noticed it in the rugby this morning on SS1. I am not sure if this is something that has been addressed or not but I would appreciate some advice on this if possible? Is this a known issue? Or perhaps a buffer size issue?