[RELEASE] DStv Now KODI Add-on

AdenZAR125

It’s working just remove the DStv and DStv epg from the iptv merge and add them back then run the merge it should work after that

azhar64

Should not be an issue running Magisk root manager. Only the dstv now app sometimes check for root and wont run but you can use root hide in magisk manager, the kodi addon should not have any issue. I am also running magisk on my one chinese box without issues and also to make the box google certified lol so I can run the dstv now android app as well

Yeah as said in posts above it seems linux is currently having widevine issues.
Hi

How are you making your box google certified using masisk? Google came out with a new safetynet in march ever since then im having an issue would you mind sharing your method with me?

The Vans

Hi,

I'm running Kodi Leia 18.7 on my Chinese Device - Android Nougat 7.1.2 arm64-v8a sdk 25 with widevine 1.

I have installed slyguy installed dstv now, it allows me to login view the channels, but as soon as I choose a channel to play, I choose any quality or bypass, it just does nothing.

I think it might be the widevine being on 1 and not on 3.

How can I possibly get this to work?

Bikerbob

When I reboot my pi and Kodi loads, the DSTV automatically plays a channel. Does anyone have an ideas on how I can prevent this on startup?

Edit:

Figured it out. Was the live Tv playlist addon.

Last edited:

The Vans

I have downloaded Test Streams.

I'm trying to download the widevine as indicated in earlier posts, I want to belief this is the reason why my dstv doesn't want to play any videos, I have clicked on InputStream Adaptive - Dash with Widevine, there is no response, when I select HL5 or Dash alone it works and plays the video? Why?

Dstv now still does the same, I can log in and view the shows, but when I want to play something, it simply doesn't play any video, it does the same as if I click on Dash with Widevine. It seems as if it want to play, but then nothing happens.

Please help.

Attachments

enerdude

Expert Member
I have downloaded Test Streams.

I'm trying to download the widevine as indicated in earlier posts, I want to belief this is the reason why my dstv doesn't want to play any videos, I have clicked on InputStream Adaptive - Dash with Widevine, there is no response, when I select HL5 or Dash alone it works and plays the video? Why?

Dstv now still does the same, I can log in and view the shows, but when I want to play something, it simply doesn't play any video, it does the same as if I click on Dash with Widevine. It seems as if it want to play, but then nothing happens.

Please help.
Install drm info and make sure your box support L3 widevine at least.

The Vans

Widewine 1 is a higher level than 3 so it should work.
Hi, my apologies, I have assumed mine is the lower widevine, I guess my question would be how can I possible get my widevine upgraded to one that works? I have checked the drm and it's not giving me the widevine number? Please see attached.

Attachments

enerdude

Expert Member
Hi, my apologies, I have assumed mine is the lower widevine, I guess my question would be how can I possible get my widevine upgraded to one that works? I have checked the drm and it's not giving me the widevine number? Please see attached.
That Roik chinese special box is not widevine certified so will not work. Clearkey not the same as widevine

The Vans

Thank you so much.

I'm at least pleased YouTube and Netflix work perfectly fine.

It would of been great if I could of got it widevine or google play certified.