Reliable Wireless ISP covering Kuilsriver

latinlyrics

I am sure there has been a lot of discussion about this but I cannot find a recent post.

I have been unable to get Telkom to install a line at my property in Zevenzicht. After 6 weeks of "we will contact you back" I gave up. In the meantime I posted a request with WAPA and also contacted a couple of ISP's I have had recommended.

Of the three that I have been in contact with 2 made promises to come and do a sight survey.. but never turned up after a week of me calling and emailing them and hearing a lot of promises about "tomorrow". One actually did but after requesting me to quickly send the application and pay the installation fee to get it installed by the end of the week, seem to not even have processed my application a week later.

Please could someone recommend a reasonably prices wireless ISP in my area that is RELIABLE. It seems that many businesses in SA just have too much money and dont need my business!

Thanks

latinlyrics

Heheheh I guess the lack of replies suggests that there simply aren't any reliable providers in the area. I guess everyone has too much business and don't need my money :D

latinlyrics

Thanks MDE. I have thus far tried the following:

Telkom: Currently busy with a project in the area... been 6 weeks still cannot provide a line and no idea when they will be able to.
Cape-Connect: called them daily for a site survey promised to come the next day for over a week and have never turned up.
Sonic Wireless: Eventually did the site survey but have not provided me with feedback. Calls not returned and emails unanswered.
Amobia: Did site survey all ok ... rushed to pay the installation fees and get forms to them on a Monday. Promised to have the installation done by the weekend. This did not happen, when I called they had not processed my application and it was sitting with accounts. 1 and a half weeks later it is still sitting there and I am struggling to get a refund. Promises of someone calling me back never delivered.

Do we really have such rubbish service in this country?

:mad:

ThreeThirds

I am sure there has been a lot of discussion about this but I cannot find a recent post.

I have been unable to get Telkom to install a line at my property in Zevenzicht. After 6 weeks of "we will contact you back" I gave up. In the meantime I posted a request with WAPA and also contacted a couple of ISP's I have had recommended.

Of the three that I have been in contact with 2 made promises to come and do a sight survey.. but never turned up after a week of me calling and emailing them and hearing a lot of promises about "tomorrow". One actually did but after requesting me to quickly send the application and pay the installation fee to get it installed by the end of the week, seem to not even have processed my application a week later.

Please could someone recommend a reasonably prices wireless ISP in my area that is RELIABLE. It seems that many businesses in SA just have too much money and dont need my business!

Thanks

Did you find something? Our 10mb ADSL has been almost non-existent these past few months!

This is my thread: http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthread.php/682744-Which-way-to-go-Telkom-is-useless!

Last edited:

PCNetwork

PCNetwork representative
Company Rep
Hi :) If you send me your GPS cordinates we can check if you can see one of our sites in the area! What speed would you be looking for more or less?