Roadblocks

JAV

Does anyone have an idea of what the current SOP's (Standard Opertaing Procedure) are for roadblocks?

Reason I'm asking: About two weeks ago on Modderfontein rd, going towards the N3, at 07h30 in the morning, there was a roadblock. It took me close to an hour to travel 2.1km's!! From where I joined onto Modderfontein the cars where already backed up towards Kempton for as far as the eyes could see (don't know how long it took for them to get past the roadblock!).

And to make matters worse, they weren't stopping each vehicle. Only selecting out certain vehicles.

Got to work a half an hour late! Fortunately the boss was understanding (always get in early:))

I'm all for catching criminals and all that, but this was ridiculous! I feel like sending them a bill for the hour that I stood doing 2.1km/h:mad:

Or is there something else I could do?

Thugscub

Expert Member
Nada, these pri**s are only looking for outstanding warrents,then hold you till you pay up if you were in contempt of court etc. They do nothing to stop crime. As its a private company that does this and they get a cut of the action.

HATE THEM

Genius.

Expert Member
A private company is in charge of the electronic equipment. Thats about it, they cannot enforce the law.

The Metro/Traffic are the ones who host the road block.

Thugscub

Expert Member
Well hit one this pm. The ******* told me that my disc is about to expire. I know you ******* that is why Monday i get a new one, Now go and fill some potholes ya dumb c**nt. Or catch some real crooks.

Thugscub

Expert Member
/ why don' these dumb ***** have their road blocks on known murder, killing raping areas.

Thugscub

Expert Member
And one of the blocks i was in. i went and spoke to the honkey in charge he would not give me his details, cop no. or anything else and he was dressed in rugby shorts etc.

WE ARE BEING SCAMMED!!!!!!!!!!

Nokkie

Executive Member
Does anyone have an idea of what the current SOP's (Standard Opertaing Procedure) are for roadblocks?

Reason I'm asking: About two weeks ago on Modderfontein rd, going towards the N3, at 07h30 in the morning, there was a roadblock. It took me close to an hour to travel 2.1km's!! From where I joined onto Modderfontein the cars where already backed up towards Kempton for as far as the eyes could see (don't know how long it took for them to get past the roadblock!).

And to make matters worse, they weren't stopping each vehicle. Only selecting out certain vehicles.

Got to work a half an hour late! Fortunately the boss was understanding (always get in early:))

I'm all for catching criminals and all that, but this was ridiculous! I feel like sending them a bill for the hour that I stood doing 2.1km/h:mad:

Or is there something else I could do?
If you know there is going to be a road block.. why not drive an hour erlier to work then?

Genius.

Expert Member
@ Thugsclub - If you pay your fines there is nothing to worry about.

I personally dont mind any road blocks. It makes the roads safer.

medicnick83

Paramedic
Personally, I don't mind them doing road blocks "whenever" (Don't flame me now!)
I want people to pay for their crimes and such and by this I mean;

1. People who have fines but refuse to pay them!
2. People who are drunk etc
3. Criminals who have stolen a vehicle and get busted
4. A stolen vehicle been found in the possesion of someone else

You know, normal stuff.
Yes, being late for work sucks and it's a moerse inconvience but come on! Crime is outta control and anything that helps things should be welcome.

JAV

What gets my goat about the whole scenario is the the fact that they hold them in peak hours on one of the busiest roads. Why don't they rather go and fix the "new" robot at Modderfontein & Emerald that has probably been out more than it has actually worked since they installed it?

Easier to prey on "soft" targets I suppose...

Velenoso

Expert Member
Some of you guys have an optimistic view, the problem here is, most of these roadblocks are not there to do any real good. They're just there to extort bribes from motorists. They always find something you did wrong, or something wrong with your car/license, etc to give you sh|t about and force you to pay a bribe.

DJ...

Banned
Was stopped at a "last-minute-makeshift-roadblock" at the entrance to JHB International airport on Friday where the cop noticed that my license-disc holder had fallen off due to my car being parked in serious heat. He then explained that I could either give him "something to make his weekend better" or accept a fine. I grabbed the license disc holder, re-attached it to the windscreen, grabbed my cellphone and typed in the anti-corruption hotline number clearly written on his metro car, and told him to give me the fscking ticket. He waved me on my way.

They are certainly not there to run license plates or identify actual criminals - they're there to make as much moola for themselves as possible. These days I don't take it - I wait for them to make the offer then let them watch me take down the anti-corruption number...

Thugscub

Expert Member
I pay my fines if the fine meets the requirements laid down by the law, 90% of the fines i recieve are a bugger up eg, cross hair in the wrong place, wrong car, never been to Blikkiesdorp in my life,going 75 in a 80 zone when i was told it is a 60 zone, not being able to check the equipment being used, the list is endless. So be very carefull of these scamming asses.

Give me money!

Welcome to corruption.

DarkDenim

Expert Member
The problem with roadblocks is that they inconvinience law abiding citizens. I was pulled over yesterday (as usual) on William Nicol and almost didn't make my 12:00 appointment in Illovo. F*** tards checked my license and found no outstanding fines (as usual). I made sure my wheels span when I drove off just to piss them off with the dust :D

Nocturnity

Expert Member
I have no issue with roadblocks. I just ride straight through and they don't really slow me down. :D

Serqet

Expert Member
I think you are all being a bit petty here.

Don't label and entire police force based on some rotten apples. Roadblocks are part of their job. Deal with it.

JAV

The problem with roadblocks is that they inconvinience law abiding citizens. I was pulled over yesterday (as usual) on William Nicol and almost didn't make my 12:00 appointment in Illovo. F*** tards checked my license and found no outstanding fines (as usual). I made sure my wheels span when I drove off just to piss them off with the dust :D
Did that once, and low and behold, got stopped by the cop car 500m down the road. Apparently I was trying to run him over him (might have got some dust on his shoes though:D). Got arrested (reck n neck) and spent the rest of the afternoon in the cells. When the court date came and went, came and went, came and went (well you get the idea), him and his mates couldn't even get their stories straight. :sick:

But that incident is another story completely on its own...