Rocketnet - feedback?

I've been with Kiklo for 3 months (apparently they have a mandate for that time in our estate?) - not sure the mandate is legal to reinforce.

They've been fine. Service delivery ok. The line physically went down on a Saturday and they aren't open on the wkend to correct it so that was frustrating.

I see Rocketnet prices seem amazing - anyone used them? Metrofibre installed our line.

11masoodt

I recently signed up with RocketNet (on Vumatel though) on a 50/50 package @ R995/m.

Their service seems quick, even after hours. The call centre agent (who called me within 5 minutes of me signing up) was very helpful in setting up the account and within 10 minutes we were up and running. Although their customer portal doesn't seem too great, very empty to say the least, but hopefully that improves in the near future.

As for the actual internet service, I have no complaints so far, the line runs at full speed and there have been no line drops or slowdowns as of yet. This speedtest was done over the wifi:

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/i/2187920719

Youtube automatically plays at 1440p (or whatever is the highest), torrents (depending on the number of seeds) easily exceed 5MB/s, HTTP downloads go at 5MB/s+

gimpex

I've been with Kiklo for 3 months (apparently they have a mandate for that time in our estate?) - not sure the mandate is legal to reinforce.

They've been fine. Service delivery ok. The line physically went down on a Saturday and they aren't open on the wkend to correct it so that was frustrating.

I see Rocketnet prices seem amazing - anyone used them? Metrofibre installed our line.
As per similar post recently , I am with Rocketnet on Metrofibre. Very happy with price , speed , service. No complaints.

irBosOtter

Expert Member
Anyone else only get half their download speed on international speedtest servers? Local is full speed up and down but from any international server I only get half the download speed, the fact that it is exactly half makes me wonder...
And can you ping your own external IP over internet on Rocketnet? Enabled ping on external interface but no luck when I ping it from any other location, my VPN to the router also not working since I moved from ADSL to fibre
I get a external IP in a /24 range, that normal on fibre?

Edit, VPN now works but still cannot ping but not going to worry about that as I only enabled ping for testing. Still wondering about the international bandwidth that's slow compared to a 4Mb adsl line

Last edited:

RocketNet-Rep

Company Rep
Last edited: