S&H Electronic Services T/A 4home.co.za - CAUTION

shabsta

I've been on the look out for a second monitor and wanted to get the same monitor as my current, an LG IPS236 to run as dual.
After a few calls to Dion Wired (where I originally bought my monitor) I was informed that the monitor is now EOL. Disappointed to say the least, so I searched the web and found two Cape Town suppliers who had the monitors listed on their sites, the one being S&H Electronics T/A 4home.co.za

I sent an inquiry to them prior to ordering from their site as to confirm whether they had stock of these monitors.
They confirmed in writing that their supplier had 2 x IPS236 monitors left, and based on this I decided to buy the last two.

Whilst on the phone with Trent, an employee of S&H Electronics T/A 4home.co.za I registered on the website, waiting for activation, placed the order and confirmed that they had received it.

Payment was done via EFT a few minutes afterwards and POP sent through to them.

A few days later my monitors arrive, only to discover that they have sent the wrong model, 2 x IPS234's and not 2 x IPS236's

I called 4home.co.za immediately and spoke to Trent, the same chap that I had dealt with since the time of first making contact, and advised that they had sent the incorrect monitors and followed up with an email.
I was advised that they would investigate and revert back to me as soon as possible.

The following day after not receiving any feedback I called back requesting an update to the issue, again dealing with Trent.
Later that day I receive an email from Trent requesting that I send proof that they sent the incorrect monitors, ie he wanted a photo of the monitors.
I was offended by this on the basis that they presumed that I was talking ****, but did as they requested and sent a pic which clearly shows the two monitors and their model numbers.
After sending the photos through to their help desk, info@4home.co.za I called back to confirm that their were in receipt of the photo to which they confirmed that they were.

Trent advised that he would forward to his supplier and revert back to me the same day.

The next day after receiving no communication, I called back to get an update and was told that they were still waiting on their suppliers to respond, and then asked if I wouldnt be interested in keeping the monitors that they had incorrectly sent.
I reiterated to Trent that the only reason why I had ordered 2 x LG IPS236 monitors from S&H Electronics T/A 4home.co.za was based on the fact that they had confirmed stock of the two monitors that I was wanting, and did not want 2 x IPS234 monitors.
I further advised that if I had wanted the IPS234 then I could have purchased it from Pinnacle or Frontosa, as we have dealer accounts with them.

I asked as to how it was possible that the incorrect monitors were sent, and was told that it was the suppliers fault. I questioned this as the monitors had been collected from Sahara in Cape Town by &H Electronics T/A 4home.co.za and then packaged for delivery.

My logic behind an operation like this would be to check the stock and confirm that its correct before shipping.
If this process had been followed then a simple mistake could have been avoided, and more importantly a bad situation avoided - but who am I to question their processes and procedures.

Last week Thursday after repeatedly asking for my money back, and being told that they were working with the supplier to resolve the issue they finally send me a Refund Form which needed to be completed and sent back.

I completed their refund form and it back to them and immediately followed up with a call to confirm receipt of the email and confirmation of when I should expect the refund to get processed. Trent advised that I would get reimbursed in full the next day (Friday the 24th May).

Friday came and went and no signs of a refund. After calling Trent from 4home.co.za and requesting an explanation as to why I had not been reimbursed, he advised that they were still waiting on their supplier to collect the monitors. I explained that his reason was fair, how ever he could have informed me of the delay as to avoid further frustration.

On Tuesday the 28th May Sahara arrived to collect the monitors to which I called in and advised them the monitors had been collected and sent them a copy of the signed collection form.

Well well, its now Friday the 31st and since then, 4home.co.za have not responded to any of my emails I have sent them. I've left multiple messages and no feedback.

So now that they have my money, and I dont have any monitors to show for it, I am looking for donations :)

How ever I do advise, that any one wanting to order products from an online supplier stay away from S&H Electronic Services T/A 4home.co.za

Last edited:

shabsta

Car City Service round 2.
Car City Service Centurion - yeah I read about that **** last night.

Have called my attorney to see what he advises, ie go open a case of theft, CPA complaint etc... Waiting for him to call back.

Batista

Executive Member
I have had dealings with 4home.co.za and have found their business to be great.There are also many good reviews on other platforms like Bidorbuy.All companies have issues and bad experiences and I do not think people should be deterred by this.
i am a loyal online buyer and know that these companies like any other do rectify their mistakes ,but customers with bad experiences do not post the results of the resolutions.
It cost nothing to be fair with any company that had a hiccup in their service.

FFS - Why dont you show that you are a good company by refunding this man?How effen stupid do you think we are 1 post wonder?

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
I purchased products from 4home.co.za and am posting comments on the service I received..

Doubtful..

You have some affiliation with the company and were trawling to find threads relating.

Have you refunded the guy, even though it was 4 years ago.

DanielVerwey

I've been on the look out for a second monitor and wanted to get the same monitor as my current, an LG IPS236 to run as dual.
After a few calls to Dion Wired (where I originally bought my monitor) I was informed that the monitor is now EOL. Disappointed to say the least, so I searched the web and found two Cape Town suppliers who had the monitors listed on their sites, the one being S&H Electronics T/A 4home.co.za

I sent an inquiry to them prior to ordering from their site as to confirm whether they had stock of these monitors.
They confirmed in writing that their supplier had 2 x IPS236 monitors left, and based on this I decided to buy the last two.

Whilst on the phone with Trent, an employee of S&H Electronics T/A 4home.co.za I registered on the website, waiting for activation, placed the order and confirmed that they had received it.

Payment was done via EFT a few minutes afterwards and POP sent through to them.

A few days later my monitors arrive, only to discover that they have sent the wrong model, 2 x IPS234's and not 2 x IPS236's

I called 4home.co.za immediately and spoke to Trent, the same chap that I had dealt with since the time of first making contact, and advised that they had sent the incorrect monitors and followed up with an email.
I was advised that they would investigate and revert back to me as soon as possible.

The following day after not receiving any feedback I called back requesting an update to the issue, again dealing with Trent.
Later that day I receive an email from Trent requesting that I send proof that they sent the incorrect monitors, ie he wanted a photo of the monitors.
I was offended by this on the basis that they presumed that I was talking ****, but did as they requested and sent a pic which clearly shows the two monitors and their model numbers.
After sending the photos through to their help desk, info@4home.co.za I called back to confirm that their were in receipt of the photo to which they confirmed that they were.

Trent advised that he would forward to his supplier and revert back to me the same day.

The next day after receiving no communication, I called back to get an update and was told that they were still waiting on their suppliers to respond, and then asked if I wouldnt be interested in keeping the monitors that they had incorrectly sent.
I reiterated to Trent that the only reason why I had ordered 2 x LG IPS236 monitors from S&H Electronics T/A 4home.co.za was based on the fact that they had confirmed stock of the two monitors that I was wanting, and did not want 2 x IPS234 monitors.
I further advised that if I had wanted the IPS234 then I could have purchased it from Pinnacle or Frontosa, as we have dealer accounts with them.

I asked as to how it was possible that the incorrect monitors were sent, and was told that it was the suppliers fault. I questioned this as the monitors had been collected from Sahara in Cape Town by &H Electronics T/A 4home.co.za and then packaged for delivery.

My logic behind an operation like this would be to check the stock and confirm that its correct before shipping.
If this process had been followed then a simple mistake could have been avoided, and more importantly a bad situation avoided - but who am I to question their processes and procedures.

Last week Thursday after repeatedly asking for my money back, and being told that they were working with the supplier to resolve the issue they finally send me a Refund Form which needed to be completed and sent back.

I completed their refund form and it back to them and immediately followed up with a call to confirm receipt of the email and confirmation of when I should expect the refund to get processed. Trent advised that I would get reimbursed in full the next day (Friday the 24th May).

Friday came and went and no signs of a refund. After calling Trent from 4home.co.za and requesting an explanation as to why I had not been reimbursed, he advised that they were still waiting on their supplier to collect the monitors. I explained that his reason was fair, how ever he could have informed me of the delay as to avoid further frustration.

On Tuesday the 28th May Sahara arrived to collect the monitors to which I called in and advised them the monitors had been collected and sent them a copy of the signed collection form.

Well well, its now Friday the 31st and since then, 4home.co.za have not responded to any of my emails I have sent them. I've left multiple messages and no feedback.

So now that they have my money, and I dont have any monitors to show for it, I am looking for donations :)

How ever I do advise, that any one wanting to order products from an online supplier stay away from S&H Electronic Services T/A 4home.co.za

Had a similar issue with a mellerware velocity floor fan being advertised at 140w. Upon fighting with their equally useless courier and eeeeventually getting the product i discovered it was only 60w.

Very rude managed on the phone and offered to refund and give me 5% discount on the next purchase, as if i wanna risk purchasing from them again. I declined and demanded they send the correct wattage. I explained my project was already late and that i needed 140w. They say they dont have a mellerware 140w to which I said not my problem as they had already admitted to having another brand at 140w. All i ask is that they send the correct wattage and collect the wrong fan same time.

Its been a month now, no further replies and not even the refund they offered even though they have my back details. The worst service i have ever had