SA gets armed response panic button app

pjjdp

Expert Member
Enforce just playing catchup? Blue has had this for a long time.

oober

Expert Member
And you are going to walk around with your phone unlocked and that app running ready to press the button...

F

Fudzy

I love it when they say this
The operator is also shown the client’s exact location on Google Maps, so Enforce knows where they are.
Has anyone actually tried to locate anyone using a Google Maps marker? (down to a few feet or two I mean)

krycor

Honorary Master
Why? I mean unless its part of your Armed Response package (which should develop or link into existing framework like MovesAPI) why another app to steal your battery..

i prefer using mySOS which has tracking, alerts etc. I started using this when doing Nissan Trailseeker and since have installed & gotten family to start using this when doing stuff like city hikes, biking or even driving at night. Extremely useful seeing as we live in different cities these days.

Since family is using Apple, thinking of merging with Apple Family Sharing (Especially with Apple Music) for realtime location finding. I use Moves for tracking location since it came out so have like 3+ yrs movement data :wtf:

Last edited:

elvis_presley

Expert Member
Why? I mean unless its part of your Armed Response package (which should develop or link into existing framework like MovesAPI) why another app to steal your battery..
It is part of the package. I've worked with the company that makes this app, and the difference between this and other apps is the back-end integrates directly into the security companies' back-end systems, the alert will come in through the same channels as your alarm going off or panic button being pressed and received the same priorities.

Bad info in this PR release, they should have punted the unique aspects.

Most panic buttons send alerts to family members and stuff - when you press this panic button you actually get big men with guns responding to save your life :)

Archer

Honorary Master
I love it when they say this

Has anyone actually tried to locate anyone using a Google Maps marker? (down to a few feet or two I mean)
Inside a building I'm getting 21m accuracy (if you are on android google "find my phone"), most phones seem able to do 4m outdoors

CuppaJoe

i prefer using mySOS which has tracking, alerts etc. I started using this when doing Nissan Trailseeker and since have installed & gotten family to start using this when doing stuff like city hikes, biking or even driving at night. Extremely useful seeing as we live in different cities these days.

Since family is using Apple, thinking of merging with Apple Family Sharing (Especially with Apple Music) for realtime location finding. I use Moves for tracking location since it came out so have like 3+ yrs movement data :wtf:
Have you tried Glympse?

It's about as good as you can get with realtime tracking.

Always request the family to send me one when they are driving long distances.

genetic

Honorary Master
Yip, works well down to a few meters outdoors. Indoors seems pretty accurate too, from my work and home.