SA gets first e-police station

rpm

Admin
Staff member
SA gets first e-police station

National police commissioner General Riah Phiyega launched South Africa's first e-police station in Kabokweni, Mpumalanga on Friday, during National Police Day celebrations.

Thor

Honorary Master
Would be amazing if they can implemented this without being corrupted on some way

zippy

Executive Member
Its easier to "accidently" delete an electronic document than a paper document.

If the system is built correctly, then at least there should be an audit trail of who deleted. But the document is still gone. Unless there is a strict back-up process. But if this at station level, I doubt it will do any good. Just forget to do backups. Or just lose them. Even the best IT setups have managed to screw up backups.

dualmeister

Honorary Master
“We will be able to see where our officers are spending time with state vehicles, and we will end this thing where state cars are needed and officers are doing their own business.
Cops.jpg

rorz0r

Executive Member
So they're going to teach people to type reports into a computer and get a fleet monitoring solution (which raises the question of wtf don't they have this already?).

Valerion

Expert Member
I was in a police station last year and was told I can't report a case because their "computers are down", and they can't capture the information, and thus can't issue a case number. So is this just taking the paper part of the dossier out of it, then?

Hamster

Resident Rodent
As stated in the other thread: step in the right direction.

But then a couple of years ago I HD the opportunity to see how one of the government departments' systems work before work started to completely replace it. It was a mess and a mixed of different vendors' work held together by all sorts of arb tech. The fact that they got any work done on it is a miracle.

So here's hoping it was done properly. Wonder who did it though? Gijima?