ToxicBunny
Oi! Leave me out of this...
I don't even think that 40% likes the anc completely either.Only 40% likes the ANC... and dropping like a stone....
South Africa’s biggest forum. Discuss, discover, and connect with thousands of members.
I don't even think that 40% likes the anc completely either.Only 40% likes the ANC... and dropping like a stone....
If the local elections were to be held tomorrow, no one would work with the DA in a coalition except the Freedom Front.
He's severely confused now as he constantly thought the ANC was in control of everything, and then they were force to fold...and forced to fold to the benefit of the 'evil DA'. Now this conflicts with his narrative. Poor thing.I see this whole ordeal has been rather traumatic for you.
He's severely confused now as he constantly thought the ANC was in control of everything, and then they were force to fold. Now this conflicts with his narrative. Poor thing.
They is winning biggly biggly biggest.Don’t know what you’re on about.
This is a massive win for the ANC… somehow.
/s.
I think the way our constitution is written any threshold would be unconstitutional.
I agree with a threshold, but I fear that anything over 1 - 1.5% will be unconstitutional.
Vatman's head probably exploded when he read this
Gogo is right as always.
He's gonna have a racist rant about DA BAD shortly.Vatman's head probably exploded when he read this![]()
![]()
![]()
No, I think as long as it is low, like 1%, it should be fine.I think the way our constitution is written any threshold would be unconstitutional.
I would suggest that a political party needs to prove itself at a local level before being able to register to compete at national maybe as a way around that.
46. Composition and election
1. The National Assembly consists of no fewer than 350 and no more than 400 women and men elected as members in terms of an electoral system that -
a. is prescribed by national legislation;
b. is based on the national common voters roll;
c. provides for a minimum voting age of 18 years; and
d. results, in general, in proportional representation.
The Dominee is losing his **** already:He's gonna have a racist rant about DA BAD shortly.
The Mickey Mouse parties have no ambition to change anything once inside the National Assembly - just hope voters wake up to that and therefore give their votes to the DA (thinking about BOSA, Rise, AuctionSA and Good).
Gogo is right as always.
I think it would hinge on the elements of universal suffrage that are baked into the founding provisions.No, I think as long as it is low, like 1%, it should be fine.
But anything like 2%, 5% ( Germany) and 7% (Turkey) will definitely be unconstitutional.
The Experiment is being called on his stupid as wellThe Dominee is losing his **** already:
I think it would hinge on the elements of universal suffrage that are baked into the founding provisions.
Will depend on how the courts would see it I suppose...Constitution of the Republic of South Africa, 1996 - Chapter 1: Founding Provisions | South African Government
Republic of South Africa Supremacy of the Constitution Citizenship National Anthem National Flag Languages 1. Republic of South Africa The Republic of South Africa is one, sovereign, democratic state founded on the following values: a. Human dignity, the achievement of equality and the...www.gov.za
I disagree. The universal right to vote has nothing to do with ensuring that there's proportional representation.