SA Politics Thread Part 10 : The GNU Has Crashed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not know. Could be anyone. But, a successful vote of no confidence will likely be followed by a call for early elections. Who ever gets appointed in the interim will be irrelevant. The only question is, in the event of an early election in the next 3-6 months, will the ANC still get 30%?
Again, a call is one thing, actually achieving what you are calling for is a different thing.

Think about it, parties can unite to vote Cyril out, everyone will have their own reasons for doing that, it doesn't necessarily follow that everyone would be keen on fresh election, what would a party like the EFF gain in fresh elections now? The MK is having its own problems, why would they want fresh elections in the vulnerable state they are in currently?

Looking at it from the ANC's position, suppose there are those who are opposed to Cyril and could vote him out, why would they want fresh elections? Why would someone like Mashatile let go of this golden opportunity to be President and want fresh election?

You are making the mistake of assuming that the people who would vote to remove Cyril will have a common purpose as far as what happens after he is removed.
 
Again, a call is one thing, actually achieving what you are calling for is a different thing.

Think about it, parties can unite to vote Cyril out, everyone will have their own reasons for doing that, it doesn't necessarily follow that everyone would be keen on fresh election, what would a party like the EFF gain in fresh elections now? The MK is having its own problems, why would they want fresh elections in the vulnerable state they are in currently?

Looking at it from the ANC's position, suppose there are those who are opposed to Cyril and could vote him out, why would they want fresh elections? Why would someone like Mashatile let go of this golden opportunity to be President and want fresh election?

It will not be up to the ANC or Mashatile. The elections call and outcome will be determined by the DA, the EFF, the MK Party, the IFP and all smaller parties who will have been involved in removing Ramaphosa.

And, another problem for the ANC is that it cannot take in either the EFF or MK Party. This will lead to foreign sanctions in days or weeks. Not a bad thing, because the fall will come faster, harder and more efficient.
 
It will not be up to the ANC or Mashatile. The elections call and outcome will be determined by the DA, the EFF, the MK Party, the IFP and all smaller parties who will have been involved in removing Ramaphosa.

And, another problem for the ANC is that it cannot take in either the EFF or MK Party. This will lead to foreign sanctions in days or weeks. Not a bad thing, because the fall will come faster, harder and more efficient.
As much as we are both speculating, I don't get a feeling that your theory is based on sound logic.

I agree that all those parties can see the benefits of removing Cyril, my problem, that I was hoping you would explain from your perspective, what common purpose would the parties have in calling for fresh election, fell free to list each of them and the benefit of fresh elections for each party, don't worry about the small parties, just MK, IFP and EFF. I totally get why the DA would be attracted to fresh election so just do the other three parties.
 
I do not know. Could be anyone. But, a successful vote of no confidence will likely be followed by a call for early elections. Who ever gets appointed in the interim will be irrelevant. The only question is, in the event of an early election in the next 3-6 months, will the ANC still get 30%?
Won't it just be another vote in Parliament for new President and if we can't decide then elections where we do it all over again rinse and repeat? Will they get 30%? Depends how many stages of loadshitting we get I guess.
 
As much as we are both speculating, I don't get a feeling that your theory is based on sound logic.

I agree that all those parties can see the benefits of removing Cyril, my problem, that I was hoping you would explain from your perspective, what common purpose would the parties have in calling for fresh election, fell free to list each of them and the benefit of fresh elections for each party, don't worry about the small parties, just MK, IFP and EFF. I totally get why the DA would be attracted to fresh election so just do the other three parties.

Here is the benefit I see for all other parties. We all know the ANC is losing a lot more support. Other parties are already actively involved in getting more support based on all ANC failures. Early elections this year may totally change the political landscape with new alliances and probably a new GNU as the outcome. I think all these parties would want to make use of this opportunity to see the outcome if it presents itself.
 
Won't it just be another vote in Parliament for new President and if we can't decide then elections where we do it all over again rinse and repeat? Will they get 30%? Depends how many stages of loadshitting we get I guess.

Could be, I don't know. But I think most parties will support a call for early elections instead of having another ANC official take over.
 
Could be, I don't know. But I think most parties will support a call for early elections instead of having another ANC official take over.
I guess its all fruitless anyway as long as ANC/EFF/MK make up 67+% of the vote. Lets hope they all stay home because EFF is ****ed, MK is ****ed and ANC is ****ed.
 
But, let's wait and see what happens today. Perhaps the DA (ANC) will roll everyone another one.

But, the fact that CR cancelled a foreign trip in the event the DA leaves, shows he understands the seriousness of what is about to happen to him and the ANC.
 
Here is the benefit I see for all other parties. We all know the ANC is losing a lot more support. Other parties are already actively involved in getting more support based on all ANC failures. Early elections this year may totally change the political landscape with new alliances and probably a new GNU as the outcome. I think all these parties would want to make use of this opportunity to see the outcome if it presents itself.
I do appreciate the response even though I don't agree, both the EFF and MK are parties that mobilise, just like the ANC, they believe in having an election campaign, doing door to door, filling stadiums with Zuma and Malema addressing the masses at rallies, that is what they do, as you can understand, snap elections don't work for such parties, when the DA made the call for early elections previously, the call was explicitly rejected by the EFF.

So really, from where I am standing I don't see why they would support an early election.
 
I do appreciate the response even though I don't agree, both the EFF and MK are parties that mobilise, just like the ANC, they believe in having an election campaign, doing door to door, filling stadiums with Zuma and Malema addressing the masses at rallies, that is what they do, as you can understand, snap elections don't work for such parties, when the DA made the call for early elections previously, the call was explicitly rejected by the EFF.

So really, from where I am standing I don't see why they would support an early election.

I do not disagree with you. I just think that these parties may benefit from an early election. The past year, six months more specifically, these smaller parties have been campaigning a lot more than they usually have. So, who knows?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X