Saddam Hussein's execution filmed

If Saddam was not found guilty, would that not have made George Bush the bad guy? ;)
 
I know he was a bad guy. But when anyone is murdered in the name of justice it diminishes us all.

So you feel that a prison sentenced would have been a just punishment?
What about all the families who lost loved ones to this murderer?

Do you think that they would have felt that justice had been done if the person who murdered their family and friends was given free board and lodging for the rest of his/her life?
 
No, it means I think the trial was a farce and that any sentence they carried out because the verdict was a mockery of justice.

If you think Saddam should have answered for his crimes, fine. I'd agree with you. But that would mean having a trial in an impartial court instead of one that had its hand forced by political forces.
 
it's the deterrent

set an example of the murderer and prevent future crime.
Deterrent value is none. To even begin to be a deterrent you actually have to be fairly certain of getting caught and convicted. Even then there is no reason to think the threat of the death penalty actually deters vicious killers.

Under current conditions when a mistake is made supporters of the death penalty should be executed and their property handed over to the family of the person executed in error. When our police and courts are infallible, then we can talk about using a method of punishment where we cannot even begin to make up for a mistake.

Do you think that they would have felt that justice had been done if the person who murdered their family and friends was given free board and lodging for the rest of his/her life?
Shouldn't we also be seeking to try, then execute his foreign masters? Those for whom the world is their chessboard, people their expendable pawns.
 
2. When he gave shelter to top members of Al Quaida after the embassy bombings.

4. He allowed Al Quaida to set up training camps in Iraq.
Helping people he hated?

3. He was 1 year away from completing a functional nuclear device. He had chemical and, most say likely, biological weapons.
Right. He probably masterminded all the world's crime too.

5. He had one of the most powerful armies in the region and used them against a US protected country.

6. He had one of the most powerful armies in the region and his defeat sends a message to the enemy that America is not a "paper tiger".
Their army is doing so well that everyone is quaking in their boots. Or is that from giggling?
 
Saddam is gone and it is a good thing.

The man was guilty of a lot more than what he was put on trial for. He had been terrorising the Iraqi people....and the region, for decades. Saddam had a reputation as a brutal and merciless killer.

He had to die so that the fear could end.
 
Saddam is gone and it is a good thing.

The man was guilty of a lot more than what he was put on trial for. He had been terrorising the Iraqi people....and the region, for decades. Saddam had a reputation as a brutal and merciless killer.

He had to die so that the fear could end.

Well said, no pity and no loss. He must have hoped that at least he would see 2007 begin, but they made sure he is silent before 2007.
 
No, it means I think the trial was a farce and that any sentence they carried out because the verdict was a mockery of justice.

If you think Saddam should have answered for his crimes, fine. I'd agree with you. But that would mean having a trial in an impartial court instead of one that had its hand forced by political forces.

You should read up on the Nuremburg trials if you feel have a problem with this one. A quick history lesson and you should understand how these things turn out.
 
Ok well here is the video if any wants to see it.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=863ce7d4a3

:sick:

I know there is no point in fighting back right...

But WTF?

I would fight till the end. He walks up... They put the balaclafa around his neck (I assume he didn't want it over his face). Stands there to let them put the rope around his neck and bam !

No way .... Like I said there is no point in fighting back (He'll be hanged anyway) but what's all the supporters thinking about him going without a fight ?
 
Interesting

Saddam is gone and it is a good thing.

The man was guilty of a lot more than what he was put on trial for. He had been terrorising the Iraqi people....and the region, for decades. Saddam had a reputation as a brutal and merciless killer.

He had to die so that the fear could end.

I read an article recently that said that Sadam was a caring man... he kept his crusts for little birds and hardly griped about conditions...
What do the media think they are trying to do with a story like that...
I mean... caring... it's all relative to your own isn't it... we are all caring to some degree.
But I suspect the mothers holding their dying children bleeding and choking to death from every mucous membrane while the poisonous gases penetrate the caves in which they are desperately trying to escape, may disagree.
I don't remember hearing him apologise or deny responsibility for that... but I may be wrong...
 
I read an article recently that said that Sadam was a caring man... he kept his crusts for little birds and hardly griped about conditions... What do the media think they are trying to do with a story like that...

Meh. Hitler woke up every morning and fed his German Shephard too. Big deal. I don't think it should be a surprise to anyone that there's some humanity in these monsters.
 
Meh. Hitler woke up every morning and fed his German Shephard too. Big deal. I don't think it should be a surprise to anyone that there's some humanity in these monsters.

I am sure both would have killed the dog or pet companion? in the blink of an eye at any noticed disobedience or any reason to upset them. I am also sure they maybe loved their mothers. So big deal.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X