Samsung Galaxy S21

WorldWarII

Expert Member
Finally found a shop with a cover for S21. just plain plastic clear thing but better than nothing for now.

biqleadata

Maybe wanna share where?
Vodacom has a few. Some clear ones and a lot of UAG ones.
If you're in jhb, Samsung Mall of Africa also had a few though they were priced insanely.

I got this from Vodacom Eastgate. Also found it at Vodacom Mall of Africa and Vodacom Menlyn (it was being sold for R499 at Samsung store Mall of Africa) IMG_20210202_153045_327.jpg

Duke of Hazard

Takealot and Samsung store have covers, also Technomobi.

Waiting for my voucher to come one day so I can buy a cover from them. Paid R17500 for the phone, I'm not paying R1200 for a plastic case too.

Been over a week since I got my S21 and it's still in my safe, nothing about the buds or voucher.

To top it off, I've paid them the R499 for the care+ thing and have no confirmation, just a dent in my credit card.

catman37

Expert Member
Did anyone get a phone from MTN. Please can you let me know if its dual sim or not?

Thanks

DeathyZA

Just my luck, had my screen protector/back cover and back skin (dbrand skin) coming this week, and I decided to drop my s21 ultra, on gravel, ended up damaging 3 sides (bottom right/top right/bottom left) on the side of the phone.. minor dents and knicks, screen is undamaged due to the plastic screen protector it still had on. Had no other phone to use.. so had to take my S21 ultra out and about..

Paid for the Samsung Care+ and got my contract, so can take it for the side/screen replacement if I want to, but will the phone be the same again.. water resistant and all.. damn it sucks! lol and Just got the phone a week ago!

Pierre45mp

Glad I avoided Samsung Pay
The nfc is just ad good,even faster,and all paypoints has enabled nfc since the pandemic, did 9 transactions and no problems with any of them .some paypoints still require a pin as well,but I only had to do it at the petrol station,all others went seamless with only my fingerprints

Pierre45mp

I got great battery for the first few days. Then software updates happened and started losing that hecticly. I averaged 6h30 before of SOT. Then after the updated I now get 4hours, but turns out it may not even the The software updates.

Only this morning did I figure out one of the culprits, I added a second sim after a few days. They both been searching for 5G and just molesting battery life. I don't even live in a 5G area.
Switched the secondary sim down to just 3G and now things are good. I got 16 hours total with 3 hours SOT and still on 50%.

The main sim is even on 5G because I am in a 5G area for the day.
Same story with me,the second modem heats up the device,and eats the battery

Duke of Hazard

Just my luck, had my screen protector/back cover and back skin (dbrand skin) coming this week, and I decided to drop my s21 ultra, on gravel, ended up damaging 3 sides (bottom right/top right/bottom left) on the side of the phone.. minor dents and knicks, screen is undamaged due to the plastic screen protector it still had on. Had no other phone to use.. so had to take my S21 ultra out and about..

Paid for the Samsung Care+ and got my contract, so can take it for the side/screen replacement if I want to, but will the phone be the same again.. water resistant and all.. damn it sucks! lol and Just got the phone a week ago!
That sucks! If they had chucked in a shitty clear case, wouldn't have this issue.

On a different note, did you get any email or confirmation of care+? Money came off but the site refreshed on the next step of payment. Samsung hasn't replied to me and I want to tell the bank to reverse it.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Exynos 2100 edges out the Snapdragon 888 in a Galaxy S21 Ultra battery test

The first Galaxy S21 Ultra comparative benchmarks suggested the Snapdragon 888 might still have the edge over Exynos 2100 when it comes to power efficiency but a new video suggests there's more to the story. The 30-minute battery test itself is separated into several stages and some of them include stress tests and performance tests.

Mystic Twilight

Expert Member
Anyone know where to get a silicone/rubberized based [clear] case for an s21? Hard plastic tends to be slippery, especially when handled with wet hands.