Samsung Galaxy S21

biqleadata

IC got back to me today, saying I will receive my R1000 Voucher by 7 Feb 2021 via email or SMS.

Nothing about the R1000 Samsung store voucher from Samsung, and I see they have cases loaded on now for a pretty penny
Do you by any chance know if I qualify for the Samsung Store R1000 gift if I got my pre-order from a network carrier like MTN or Vodacom or Telkom

Duke of Hazard

Do you by any chance know if I qualify for the Samsung Store R1000 gift if I got my pre-order from a network carrier like MTN or Vodacom or Telkom

It's in their T's and C's page of the pre order promo... So I believe you should get it.

I got my R1000 IC voucher just a short while ago, nothing yet about the buds or R1000 Samsung store voucher

nivek

Executive Member
For anyone that ordered from Telkom - how long did it take you guys to get an order number?
My debit order went off, and recieved pre-approval on Tuesday but still no order number :unsure:

blowdart18

For anyone that ordered from Telkom - how long did it take you guys to get an order number?
My debit order went off, and recieved pre-approval on Tuesday but still no order number :unsure:

From my experience:

Wed 20th - did upgrade via phone
Fri 22nd - Phone was packed - was supposed to get an sms confirming order
Mon 25th - Phoned Telkom, they gave me the order number and internal waybill
Tues 26th - Around 14:00 it became live on CourierIt website and received SMS
Wed 27th - Phone was delivered at around 12:30

Last edited:

WorldWarII

Expert Member
I got the phone via vodacom app within a week. Did the samsung member thing this morning and they say gifts come in 7 to 14 days

LandyMan

Honorary Master
I got the phone via vodacom app within a week. Did the samsung member thing this morning and they say gifts come in 7 to 14 days
Ordered mine on Monday morning, had it Wednesday morning. Yep, Buds in 7-14 days, not sure about the R1000 voucher, no info on that yet

T-BOM

So I bought a screen protector for the ultra this weekend . It has a ugly ring that visible where the finger print reader is . I had already paid so was too late to complain . any one knows if theres any brand that doesnt have it ?

signates

Executive Member
So I bought a screen protector for the ultra this weekend . It has a ugly ring that visible where the finger print reader is . I had already paid so was too late to complain . any one knows if theres any brand that doesnt have it ?
I had the same issue with my S10+. I removed it within a week and went to Cellucity as they have a machine that do the cutout in store. It's been on my phone for 6 months now.

The_David

Last screen protector i bought was a silicone based film that gets cut to the size of the screen. it is applied ontop of a layer of gel so forms a really good contact, bubbles just push out. I will now forever use that type. If fitted properly will exactly cover the whole screen. It is clear (some screen protectors are matte) and actually feels nice on the screen, less finger prints than a glass based protector. It also had a guarantee for bubbles forming, cant remember how long though.
Oh and it was for a Mate 20 pro that had a inscreen fingerprint reader and works just fine for that.
I got mine from a vodacom shop in Mall of Africa, but I've seen it in many different stores now.

LandyMan

Honorary Master
I seem to feel the rim of a screen protector already on my S21 Ultra ...
ea3b6734d7b050bfa95481027521d7c2.jpg

TStringList

Guys with the regular S21

How is the battery life with the new Exynos?

I have a S20 and the battery life has been abysmal from taking it out the box. Only managing 2hrs 30min SOT or 3hrs on a good day.

What sort of SOT (Screen On Time) are you guys getting so far?
Would also like to know about the battery life on the regular S21.