Samsung Galaxy S21

blowdart18

Got a confirmation email back but that's all... Hoping to get them soon as I want to flog the headphones to get some cash back for the phone.

Waiting for any news on the R1000 Samsung Store voucher, even though there's no covers on their store yet.

Incredible connection offered a R1000 voucher for the base S21 which I bought from them, still waiting for that too.
How long did you wait for the confirmation email.

Tector

Thinking the same yes, it's also worth a mention that I'm in a 5G coverage area so maybe that's why the throughput is better?

Can't connect to 5G just yet, seems like I have to be provisioned for it first, just waiting for MTN to respond. Will post speedtests when I eventually have access.
I am also in 5G coverage (Stellenbosch) with my S9 and get over 100mbps using same bands. But your S21 is much more than your S20 so must be some other tech used in the S21

signates

Executive Member
We're on the same upgrade cycle, I'm also moving from an S10+ which has been such a great experience -best phone I've owned
There's no real reason for me to upgrade besides just wanting the latest device. I think I could probably get another 2 years out of the S10+. Wife is also on the same cycle also with the S10+. She might just opt for the standard S21 over the ultra.

biqleadata

Also on a side note, downloaded the first software update last night for the phone, included various improvements, forgot to take a screenshot.
Which version are you on?

Does it end with UA4 or UAC? I got my ultra last week Friday and my first software update was on Monday evening. It affected battery and I saw on sammobile they released another patch which I am waiting for.

If I don't get it OTA will install the one I downloaded. Just didn't want to flash it manually.

werny

Expert Member
Did anyone try claiming the R1000 voucher?

https://www.samsung.com/za/offer/pre-order-signup-form-terms/

Doesn't appear under benefits on the galaxy members app
Don't think the R1000 voucher is included this time around, they probably made an error on that page. I know with the S10 range they did include a voucher as well as the buds. This time though it's only the buds and the tag, and then the optional Care+ for R499 once off. Confirmed this with MTN as well. Other service providers/stores might include their own voucher like Vodacom or Incredible Corruption, etc.

LandyMan

Honorary Master
Don't think the R1000 voucher is included this time around, they probably made an error on that page. I know with the S10 range they did include a voucher as well as the buds. This time though it's only the buds and the tag, and then the optional Care+ for R499 once off. Confirmed this with MTN as well. Other service providers/stores might include their own voucher like Vodacom or Incredible Corruption, etc.
Nope. I got an email stating that I will get a R1000 store voucher

blowdart18

Which version are you on?

Does it end with UA4 or UAC? I got my ultra last week Friday and my first software update was on Monday evening. It affected battery and I saw on sammobile they released another patch which I am waiting for.

If I don't get it OTA will install the one I downloaded. Just didn't want to flash it manually.

UA4

Duke of Hazard

6.1. The Promotion (Pre-Order 14th January 2021 – 4 February 2021) will afford the participant the opportunity to receive one (1) Samsung South Africa online store voucher, valued at R1000.

Incredible Corruption also promised a R1000 voucher (for base S21 and slight larger values for + and Ultra)

biqleadata

So now only Vodacom (XFV) is the one not on the latest patch (UAC) which I believe is the fix to my Smart Things battery drain. I went from 2% drain in 15 hours on my Watch Plugin to 15% in 6 hours.

If I don't get the update by 8pm today. Will flash the fix. Not sure if you are also affected battery wise but used to get 6-8 hours SOT with more than 20 hours between charges and now I need to charge every 12 hours or so with 4 hours SOT.

LandyMan

Honorary Master
That weird, I got nothing about the voucher, only the buds and tag.

Did you get a voucher code or did they just say you'll be getting it ?
Said it can be redeemed on the Members app ... so I asked him how, as it is not there, so let's see when (if) they get back to me

blowdart18

If I don't get the update by 8pm today. Will flash the fix. Not sure if you are also affected battery wise but used to get 6-8 hours SOT with more than 20 hours between charges and now I need to charge every 12 hours or so with 4 hours SOT.

Not as hectic, from full charge this morning I have used the phone for 9h24m, SOT is 4h07m, and battery is sitting at 40%.

Duke of Hazard

Such a bummer that they don't include a case anymore though.

And pickings are quite slim too with whats available, mostly Takealot only.