Samsung Galaxy S5 announced, SA launch window

Iwojima

Expert Member
Huge disappointment after all the rumors this year. Guess my S3 will be swapped out for the new Xperia Z2 in April

elL0L

Expert Member
"IP67 water and dust resistance specifications,fingerprint scanner below the display, in the middle of the device. The Galaxy S5 also includes a built-in heart rate monitor, on the rear of the device below the camera lens.

This is nice.

JimboBob

Expert Member
"IP67 water and dust resistance specifications,fingerprint scanner below the display, in the middle of the device. The Galaxy S5 also includes a built-in heart rate monitor, on the rear of the device below the camera lens.

This is nice.

I must admit that I'm slightly confused about the fingerprint scanner! The news stories say it's integrated into the Home button but the event showed the finger being swiped on the screen above the Home button?

Fox1

Executive Member
More plastic in a different flavour whereas companies like Huawei are boasting aircraft construction techniques and materials used in their "cheap" phones. Good opportunity for the other Android manufacturers can catch up or even surpass Samsung.

battletoad

Expert Member
maybe an upgrade for an S3. looks like my next phone will be a toss up between HTC, Sony, LG.... heck even a Huawei.

Hopefully they actually engineered a stable phone unlike this damn S4 I have which needed a software update before becoming worthwhile. Thank goodness they not trying an octacore this time round!

F

Fudzy

Sadly not surprised by the S5 lackluster launch :( I'm now more interested in its competition, my contract is up in June and I hope there are some interesting handsets out by then.

entrepr

Expert Member
I've been waiting a while for this upgrade opportunity. Now it seems I'll have to shop around a bit. The S4 was such a great step forward, my expectations may have been too high.

ChocolateBadger

Expert Member
April, just in time for my upgrade. This will be a nice jump from my S2 but I can understand the disappointment is you have a s3 or s4 seeing as not much has changed from then.

genetic

Honorary Master
April, just in time for my upgrade. This will be a nice jump from my S2 but I can understand the disappointment is you have a s3 or s4 seeing as not much has changed from then.

It's a massive upgrade from the S3... but the S4? Not so much.

Dolby

Honorary Master
What did people expect to see?

I think smartphones have reached a plateau