Samsung Galaxy S5

just got my s5, upgraded from the s4, any one have the wireless charger? worth getting?

Congratulations and welcome to the family!! :)

It's very expensive and I don't like a cover on my phone, but if you have some cash to burn...why not?

The flap at the bottom is very easy to open with your nail (unless you watch a lot of sport and witness lot of nailbiting finishes) and the phone charges full in two hours.
 
The QI charger makes it even hotter than normal when it charges. I'd recommend against it. Also try to remember to put it in regular power saving mode when charging overnight. The cooler it stays, the longer the battery will survive.
 
The QI charger makes it even hotter than normal when it charges. I'd recommend against it. Also try to remember to put it in regular power saving mode when charging overnight. The cooler it stays, the longer the battery will survive.

I just put my gold S5 in flight mode when I charge it overnight, it always stay cool.
 
Personally love it but go for the s view wireless cover and not just normal wireless back cover.
 
Fellars, my brother has the exynos S5. He's getting terrible battery life however - and he doesn't want to trip knox for warranty and ADH reasons. Firstly, is it possible to do a full reset and wipe on it with using the stock recovery? I've never stuck with stock so I really don't know. Secondly, assuming I were to root it, what are the chances of getting ADH done? If it's rejected for ADH, what are the chances that I can water damage it, then take it to an alternative repair center?
 
Fellars, my brother has the exynos S5. He's getting terrible battery life however - and he doesn't want to trip knox for warranty and ADH reasons. Firstly, is it possible to do a full reset and wipe on it with using the stock recovery? I've never stuck with stock so I really don't know. Secondly, assuming I were to root it, what are the chances of getting ADH done? If it's rejected for ADH, what are the chances that I can water damage it, then take it to an alternative repair center?

Yes, back everything up, then go to : Settings > Backup and Reset > Factory Reset.

I suspect it's an app/s draining his battery, or maybe he likes to keep the screen on all the time.
 
Try logging out of all apps. When I don't log out of my banking app, it keeps detecting my GPS position and my battery drains rather quickly. Maybe it's something similar to that.
 
I have decided to give Lollipop another chance, and so far I am really impressed.

No apps have crashed yet, and I think the crashes I first experienced, might have been some apps that weren't fully compatible with Lollipop yet. Even battery life has become really good, but it might be because I have only installed the most widely used apps, and apps like DSTV Box Office, DSTV Now I have left out.

My only mission now is the camera, which doesn't show you the red/green circle when focusing your shots, I will have to play with it some more.
 
The s5 I bought was second hand off gumtree, previous owner had it contract with telkom mobile, I am on vodacom.

I have noticed a few times when out that even tho the phone shows I have an edge/3g connection the mobile data just doesn't work and i have to turn flight mode on & off for it to work. Could this be a kernel problem? should i put vodacom's version of kit kat on the phone?
 
The s5 I bought was second hand off gumtree, previous owner had it contract with telkom mobile, I am on vodacom.

I have noticed a few times when out that even tho the phone shows I have an edge/3g connection the mobile data just doesn't work and i have to turn flight mode on & off for it to work. Could this be a kernel problem? should i put vodacom's version of kit kat on the phone?

Telkom Mobile does not sell the LTE one like Vodacom do, only the 3G one.

What is your phone's model number when you go into Settings > About Phone ?
 
My phone is now on day 2 of light use.

The most popular apps I use have all been optimised for Lollipop now (the Facebook one is very nice to use) and I suspect that's the reason why battery life is really good so far, compared to crappy battery life before.

LollipopHome_zps4759fa23.png


LollipopBatteryLife_zps8d54bb59.png


LollipopScreenontime_zps96dc2f93.png
 
My phone is now on day 2 of light use.

The most popular apps I use have all been optimised for Lollipop now (the Facebook one is very nice to use) and I suspect that's the reason why battery life is really good so far, compared to crappy battery life before.

LollipopHome_zps4759fa23.png


LollipopBatteryLife_zps8d54bb59.png


LollipopScreenontime_zps96dc2f93.png

Been thinking of going back to lollipop. What is the best way to backup your apps so that you don't have to download them again from the play store? Keeping in mind that my phone is not rooted.
I'm not lucky enough to have uncapped wifi.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X