Samsung Galaxy S5

Friend of mine got a GS5 16GB LTE on a Voda upgrade, got to give the phone a go alongside my GS4, verdict? Excellent phone, it feels more premium than the S4, the updated TouchWiz UI is awesome, I'm loving the new Settings UI it's a great step forward from the S4's awful tabbed Settings UI, Camera is fast as hell, UI in general is very smooth and fast, it feels great in hand and the Display is simply stunning, if you put both a S4 and a S5 next to each other with Brightness at Full (Auto brightness Off, Dynamic Screen Mode), you can DEFINITELY tell the difference, the S5 is that bit more vivid and brighter, I viewed Instagram with both side by side, the S5 display is simply gorgeous and finally there is the S5's Music Player which just makes the S4 one look seriously dated, seriously, I listen to music daily on my S4 and I was just so jealous when I saw the S5's music player, hats off to the team that worked on that.

Would I upgrade from my S4 to the S5 though??? Hell no! A good 15mins in to using the S5 I was bored, it feels more like a S4-S, just isn't enough to get me to do my upgrade, I'm going to happily wait for the Note 4 now, the S5 is really meant for those who gave the S4 a miss, I am thoroughly impressed with what Samsung have done though, they have listened to us and corrected a lot of things, makes me even more excited for the N4.

Out of curiosity, is anyone else's S5 missing Group Play? I looked for this in my friends S5 and simply couldn't find it, I also couldn't get it to send stuff via NFC to the S4, maybe I just didn't do it properly, I'll put the latter as human error for now until I see him again tomorrow. Is Group Play under something else or did Samsung remove it?
Also, the S5 seems to be missing the Humidity and Temperature sensors that were in the S4, I found this rather odd.

Anyway, to those who got the GS5, Congrats, you've got the best Android around! :)
 
Last edited:
Samsung are stealing features from other phone makers. They are starting to become desperate. They dont have the Market Share and thats how it will remain. Nothing more, Nothing Less.
 
Samsung are stealing features from other phone makers. They are starting to become desperate. They dont have the Market Share and thats how it will remain. Nothing more, Nothing Less.

You just went full retard. Never go full retard.
 
Would I upgrade from my S4 to the S5 though??? Hell no! A good 15mins in to using the S5 I was bored, it feels more like a S4-S, just isn't enough to get me to do my upgrade, I'm going to happily wait for the Note 4 now, the S5 is really meant for those who gave the S4 a miss, I am thoroughly impressed with what Samsung have done though, they have listened to us and corrected a lot of things, makes me even more excited for the N4.

I fear we'll find this to be the reaction to most Samsungs, or any manufacturer device you use, until the next big thing comes along. We've all admitted cellular phone progress has plateaued.

Out of curiosity, is anyone else's S5 missing Group Play?

They've removed all the clutter as desired by many and you can find those things for download under the Samsung Apps widget on the home screen.
 
is this from one of the cellular networks, on contract? Am wondering is the Bluetooth speaker and 16gb memory card a standard thing.

The speaker was the MTN preorder limited offer. The SD card is with all S5s from them I think.
 
You know the best part of the S5? Being able to use it in the bath without worrying about dropping it! Ha ha
 
Also got my s5 today. Just a question the back of my phone is very hot. Shows the battery is running at 40 degrees. Is this a faulty handset or something I can do to fix

I did purchase a s view cover , could this be causing xtra heat
 
To be honest, it's just another phone. But take it from where it comes. I had the S4, then the Note 3, now the S5. They all close to being the same thing, each obviously with its unique features.

I had a quick test of the camera last night, comparing it to the Note 3. Took 'n picture in low light, and zoomed in afterwards. The S5 was significantly better, with less of that grey "shadow" or whatever they call it. I'll post some good comparison pics over the weekend.

I'm upgrading from an S2...haha! Old faithful is still running well... Would you recommend the S5 or Note 3?
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X