Samsung Galaxy S5

I've got a question. If your knox has tripped, will you still be able to do updates via Odin or OTA? Or does the knox thing cause it to fail. This is related to all Samsung devices with knox.
 
Hey guys, can someone help me out?

I followed the instructions for the UK BTU Lollipop firmware which is:

Extract (unzip) the firmware file
Download Odin v3.09
Extract Odin zip-file
Open Odin v3.09
Reboot phone in Download Mode (press and hold Home + Power + Volume Down buttons)
Connect phone and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
Add the firmware file to AP / PDA
Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
Click the start button, sit back and wait a few minutes

When I connect with Odin3, and place my phone in download mode, COM3 shows connected and is Blue. I loaded the firmware under AP and then click start.

Nothing happens....

Log:
<ID:0/003> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> G900FXXU1BOA3_G900FOXA1BOA4_G900FXXU1BOA3_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/003> Removed!!
<ID:0/003> Added!!
<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..

This is where it just sit, nothing else happens.

Paul
 
Hey guys, can someone help me out?

I followed the instructions for the UK BTU Lollipop firmware which is:

Extract (unzip) the firmware file
Download Odin v3.09
Extract Odin zip-file
Open Odin v3.09
Reboot phone in Download Mode (press and hold Home + Power + Volume Down buttons)
Connect phone and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
Add the firmware file to AP / PDA
Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
Click the start button, sit back and wait a few minutes

When I connect with Odin3, and place my phone in download mode, COM3 shows connected and is Blue. I loaded the firmware under AP and then click start.

Nothing happens....

Log:
<ID:0/003> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> G900FXXU1BOA3_G900FOXA1BOA4_G900FXXU1BOA3_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/003> Removed!!
<ID:0/003> Added!!
<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..

This is where it just sit, nothing else happens.

Paul
Did you try running Odin as administrator?
 
I did originally, doesn't work

plug your usb cable to another port [ that is not on a hub ] and reboot your pc, let windows pick any "missing" drivers and then go into download mode and then connect to odin... should work now.
I had the same when updating to Lollipop
 
plug your usb cable to another port [ that is not on a hub ] and reboot your pc, let windows pick any "missing" drivers and then go into download mode and then connect to odin... should work now.
I had the same when updating to Lollipop

+1

Also check that your cable is not damaged.
 
*Please note that I'm not an a-hole like the Note 4 owners with their massive screenshots. :D

Sorry, I managed to post without the original post that I'm referring to.

Why am I posting here? Just upgraded to Lollipop, read about the mute issue and the solution was posted on one of these pages.

Whilst looking for the post I came across the remark about Note 4 owners. That's not nice.
 
Sorry, I managed to post without the original post that I'm referring to.

Why am I posting here? Just upgraded to Lollipop, read about the mute issue and the solution was posted on one of these pages.

Whilst looking for the post I came across the remark about Note 4 owners. That's not nice.

kingrob is a penis. just ignore him and move on. i do it all the time.
 
Whilst looking for the post I came across the remark about Note 4 owners. That's not nice.

I know, I know. There's a lot of things in life that's not nice, like loadshedding...or massive screenshots. :sick:

We always have a choice.
 
Stop the bickering please. You are all Samsung owners, its like a 5 Series BMW owner arguing with a 3 Series Owner. Both are suited for the individual needs.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X