Samsung Galaxy S6

Got my S6 on Friday and loving it, except maybe for the battery. But then again, maybe it's because I've been fiddling with it nonstop.
But the post is actually a cry for help!!. I got a buyer for my Note 2 and wanted to do a factory reset before handing the phone over.
I wiped the internal SD card by mistake and neglected to move or create a backup of my Omega V29 ROM. Now the phone doesnt boot up and hangs at the first screen. I tried installing stock 4.4.2 firmware from Sammobile using ODIN, but failed with a Complete(Write) operation failed error.
Is there anyone in the Centurion area that can assist to get my Note 2 up and running again? Download mode and recovery mode still work.
If it is bricked please let me know. I need Hardware!!!
 
Ok. So I left mine on over night, he are some screen shots.

Just a couple of things to keep in mind when looking at my usage.

Bluetooth permanently on, connected to my watch. Location on. I see apparently I'm connected to my bluetooth headphones as well. I have a weather widget refreshing often as well.

I'll do the test tomorrow again, this time switching off Bluetooth. It's important to only change 1 thing at a time.

Pics before bed
 

Attachments

  • 1429586259445.jpg
    1429586259445.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 154
  • 1429586268759.jpg
    1429586268759.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 155
There's something wrong there. I have wifi and location services enabled and only lose between 4 and 6% overnight.
 
There's something wrong there. I have wifi and location services enabled and only lose between 4 and 6% overnight.

Jip, not sure what the problem can be. Will disable the Huawei Link and check again.

At least it doesn't take long to topup the charge.
 
Jip, not sure what the problem can be. Will disable the Huawei Link and check again.

At least it doesn't take long to topup the charge.

yeh, 1 thing at a time. eventually you'll find the culprit.

i saw that my weather updates once an hour... need to change that as well. maybe i'll start with that, or the bluetooth, not sure, will think of something
 
Can you guys check the number one application using the battery and check Mobile Radio Active time. Mine is currently Google Play Services for some strange reason and the time is 23m 17s but I havent used it since I had to charge this morning.

Had a quick look at XDA before I left for work and they say that Mobile Radio Active might be the culprit whatever it does.
 
I've changed my weather app to only update at selected time, which won't be when I'm in bed.

Also signed out from google now for today, just to see what difference that makes.

Also sommer switched location off completely, until tomorrow.

So everything related to location. Will see what difference that makes tonight. Will keep blueteeth as is.
 
Can you guys check the number one application using the battery and check Mobile Radio Active time. Mine is currently Google Play Services for some strange reason and the time is 23m 17s but I havent used it since I had to charge this morning.

Had a quick look at XDA before I left for work and they say that Mobile Radio Active might be the culprit whatever it does.

My google play was also higher than what i thought it was, but my mobile radio active was only 14sec
 
I had this issue on my One Plus One and they said the latest Google play Services update messes around with your phone and prevents it from going into a deep sleep but that was only for custom roms not TW

Is there any way to check if the phone is in fact going into deep sleep or do we need an app. Don't like battery apps
 
I had this issue on my One Plus One and they said the latest Google play Services update messes around with your phone and prevents it from going into a deep sleep but that was only for custom roms not TW

Is there any way to check if the phone is in fact going into deep sleep or do we need an app. Don't like battery apps

No, you should see it going into deep sleep on that battery screen. When it basically flat lines. I don't mind my phone going into deep sleep, because I don't want to disable so many services that I'm basically turning this into a brick. I'll probably turn everything back on when I'm done with the exercise, just so I know who/what the battery hogs are.
 
There's something wrong there. I have wifi and location services enabled and only lose between 4 and 6% overnight.

Can you tell us what your wifi settings are?

Keep wifi on during sleep
Always allow scanning
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X