Samsung Galaxy S6

I have just recieved my Samsung S6 from Telkom, Can someone please explain to me the following:
1. How do I disable International roaming?
2. If I want to use Wifi where or what is the password? I'm on the special R499 special contract where I get 1GB data free for the next 24 months etc
#. If you are just using Wifi does it also use data and if you in an area that has no wifi does it automatically start using data...Sorry about this but none was explained to me at Telkom Direct store...Thanks


I think international roaming is disabled by default.

The WiFi data only applies to Telkom WiFi hotspots, you'll find them mostly in shopping centres with a TM shop. They use sim authentication so it will connect automatically.

You'll have to set your phone to automatically connect to Telkom's WiFi network and if you're not on WiFi you'll be using up your mobile data.
 
One more thing Data Roaming must be on at all times? Is this correct?



If you have all network data, which means your data can be used on the MTN network if you don't have TM signal.



If you only have TM only data, there is no point unless you buy all network data bundles.
 
If you have all network data, which means your data can be used on the MTN network if you don't have TM signal.



If you only have TM only data, there is no point unless you buy all network data bundles.

Not too sure what this means?
 
Not too sure what this means?

With Telkom, you can buy data which not only works on the Telkom network, but also on Vodacom and MTN. If you buy data like this, then you will have to have data roaming on. For the data you get with your contract, data roaming is not necessary.
 
If you have all network data, which means your data can be used on the MTN network if you don't have TM signal.



If you only have TM only data, there is no point unless you buy all network data bundles.
When I switch it off I have no connection

Not too sure what this means?
 
With Telkom, you can buy data which not only works on the Telkom network, but also on Vodacom and MTN. If you buy data like this, then you will have to have data roaming on. For the data you get with your contract, data roaming is not necessary.

As far as I know the data I receive on my 499 special is all network data so the data roaming should be on right?
 
Here you go :

Thanks - but I'm looking specifically for a screen protector. I'm left handed so a flip cover is a pain for me. I have a nice Spigen case but couldn't find a screen protector.

Regards,
Elbow
 
Then why are they selling the data as ALL?

It's advertised as all data because they give you 2 amounts

150MB - On net data (On TM network)
1GB - All networks ( TM or MTN)

I guess it's more simple to say all networks instead of the 2 company names
 
It's advertised as all data because they give you 2 amounts

150MB - On net data (On TM network)
1GB - All networks ( TM or MTN)

I guess it's more simple to say all networks instead of the 2 company names

but all is then false advertising. is there a place on their site where they say "MTN" explicitly?
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X