Samsung Galaxy S6

Thanks everyone. Yes, just wish Samsung would roll out some update that would fix these issues. Most non-technical people will struggle to find and update these issues, especially Google Play Services that are not available with a normal playstore search and cannot be updated from the device, unless you find the app and uninstall the latest updates and reinstall it again.

The google play services one is google related, not samsung. But everytime I ever help to reset or set up anyone's phone, it's the first thing I update. Without it play store updates just doesn't work like it supposed to, as well as most of Google's apps. The Samsung Push Service issue is new, and will from now on keep it in mind for future cases.

And yes, if you are an average user, I can see how this can be "unsolvable".
 
Yeh, I was also disappointed how it didn't wake me up in the morning with a cup of coffee, didn't put my clothes out or wash the dishes. I am really worried that come deep winter it won't be able to hang my clothes over the heater like my mommy always did.

For a phone this price heck for anything this expensive I won't expect anything less than above mentioned.



(PS. Played a around with this bad boy last night and I am actually very impressed. Starting to love this phone. )
 
For a phone this price heck for anything this expensive I won't expect anything less than above mentioned.



(PS. Played a around with this bad boy last night and I am actually very impressed. Starting to love this phone. )

Me too. Impressed with the speed (when I deactivate the power saving mode) and love the os layout as well. At least now I can play around with its features. Was too scared to do this last week.

Good to see you'll have come right
Enjoy
 
And yes, if you are an average user, I can see how this can be "unsolvable".

I am at the "unsolvable" stage...
How do I update the Google Play Services, as that seems to be the biggest drain on my battery?
Thanks in advance.
 
Go to Settings - Applications - Application Manager and swipe to All. You will find it there. Click on it and stop it if needed. There will also be an option to uninstall the latest updates. Do this amd reboot. You will be prompted to update again.


If it does not ask you to update the app again, then go to Google and search for Google Play Service. You can access it in the play store from Google. You will not find it in a play store search.

And here is the link. Make sure both these apps are up to date:

Google Play Services

Samsung Push Service
 
Thanks.
Uninstalled updates, and when restarting updated it again.
Will see how things go now.
 
on 2d 13 hrs so far with 60% battery still left and 1 hour screen time as I haven't used it much except for whatsapp.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X