Samsung Galaxy S7

genetic

Honorary Master
Set for official release in February 2016, here's what is to be expected;

Battery
The S7 is said to pack a 3,000 mAh battery and the S7 Edge, a 3,600 mAh battery, an increase of 450 and 1,000 mAh, respectively. Removable batteries remain off the table, however.

Processor
Snapdragon 820 exclusivity rights until April 2016, along with Samsung's own in-house 8890 Exynos chip.

Leaked benchmarks
The results show that the Snapdragon 820-B variant performs 1.38 and 1.77 times better in single-threaded integer and single-threaded floating tests respectively, compared to the previous generation Snapdragon 810
In late November, GSMArena posted an AnTuTu benchmark, said to be from a device running the Exynos 8890 chipset. The score was ludicrously high – over 100,000 – which comfortably beats the impressive score of 65,000 set by the Kirin 950 chip (now in use in the Huawei Mate 8).

Design

This is a supposed leak video of the design.

[video=youtube;lIDpWThAK1Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIDpWThAK1Q[/video]

https://www.androidpit.com/samsung-galaxy-s7-release-date-price-specs-features

http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-and-communications/mobile-phones/samsung-galaxy-s7-what-we-want-to-see-1293401

Thor

Honorary Master
I still think my custom S6 will kick the crippled S7's but.

Thor

Honorary Master
Check the leaked benchmarks. Over 100,000 points on Antutu. 40,000 more than the S6. Pretty impressive.
True but those scored are misleading in the sense.

Your your phone doesn't use even half of it, it's all marketing gimmicks

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
I don't want a bigger phone. My S5 is perfect. I do want a bigger battery and it must be removable. If they have to make the phone thicker to do that then that's fine.

Tsepz_011

Expert Member
I'm mainly looking forward to the S7 Range so as to get an idea of how much more of a beast the Note 6 will be.
I still think my custom S6 will kick the crippled S7's but.
What does your custom S6 have? Please do not say a Custom ROM, even with the S6's puny battery, and 3GB RAM you can only do so much i.e. undervolt, mess with CPU clocks and RAM Management.

Considering the raw power of what the S7 will potentially have, a custom S7 will kick your crippled S6.
The dev. who made the ROM in your S6 will probably drop the S6 like a bad habit for the S7 anyway, happens every year.

Chances are the S7 will have 4GB RAM, and we know it will have better CPU and GPU with better power management. If it comes with MicroSD support, water resistance, a much larger battery and better Camera sensor, then it will be curtains for your S6.

Something that kept me away from the S6 range and Note5 was the memory (no MicroSD slot for my 64GB MicroSDXC), the poor build quality (they break easily) and smaller batteries.

Last edited:

Thor

Honorary Master
I'm mainly looking forward to the S7 Range so as to get an idea of how much more of a beast the Note 6 will be.

What does your custom S6 have? Please do not say a Custom ROM, even with the S6's puny battery, and 3GB RAM you can only do so much i.e. undervolt, mess with CPU clocks and RAM Management.

Considering the raw power of what the S7 will potentially have, a custom S7 will kick your crippled S6.
The dev. who made the ROM in your S6 will probably drop the S6 like a bad habit for the S7 anyway, happens every year.

Chances are the S7 will have 4GB RAM, and we know it will have better CPU and GPU with better power management. If it comes with MicroSD support, water resistance, a much larger battery and better Camera sensor, then it will be curtains for your S6.

Something that kept me away from the S6 range and Note5 was the memory (no MicroSD slot for my 64GB MicroSDXC), the poor build quality (they break easily) and smaller batteries.
Lol another Newby who think phone specs are real and play a role.

Tsepz_011

Expert Member
Lol another Newby who think phone specs are real and play a role.
Sorry man, but I've been using smartphones since the early days of Symbian S60, not all a newbie.

There are certain specs that play a great roll, and especially when the phone has been well optimised, and others that just make the phone a lot better for productivity.

Thor

Honorary Master
Sorry man, but I've been using smartphones since the early days of Symbian S60, not all a newbie.

There are certain specs that play a great roll, and especially when the phone has been well optimised, and others that just make the phone a lot better for productivity.
K

genetic

Honorary Master
So is it international same day release like the s5 was?
They will only announce that on the 21st of Feb at MWC. No doubt that we will get it on the day it's released internationally, as was with the S4, S5 and S6.

Hemps

Executive Member
I don't want a bigger phone. My S5 is perfect. I do want a bigger battery and it must be removable. If they have to make the phone thicker to do that then that's fine.
Im looking at getting a second hand S5 for R2000 off gumtree, managed to get price down from R2500, you reckon it's worth it?

LCBXX

Honorary Master
Sounds like a lekker R500pm Contract phone of which R450 goes to the phone sub.