Samsung Galaxy Tab Problem

Njabulod

Hey guys

I've been having a problem since last month when trying to connect my galaxy tab 10.1 to my PC it simple says MTP driver failed. This wasn't happening two months ago, I've tried uninstalling and re installing the entire Samsung package including the drivers but nothing seems to be working.

If anyone knows of how I can fix this problem please share, by the way when the tab is connected to the PC it only works as a mass storage device, but isn't recognized in Samsung Kies.

Njabulod

No I haven't, thanks I'll try the steps and let you know if they worked

avid-dreamer

probably the registry entry for the driver is corrupt or conflicting with something, have you got the latest software suite for that tablet from the samsung website?

Njabulod

probably the registry entry for the driver is corrupt or conflicting with something, have you got the latest software suite for that tablet from the Samsung website?

Yes I've downloaded the latest version of Samsung Kies numerous times over the past week, it still not working.

ChilliGirl

PopCornPeddler
Yes I've downloaded the latest version of Samsung Kies numerous times over the past week, it still not working.

Uninstall kies. Then delete the kies folder in the programs folder. Then reinstall and update kies.

Then retry.

Njabulod

So I tried all these options nothing worked, not saying they are wrong I might made some mistakes somewhere, but then again thanks for your replies.

oldhat

Expert Member
After removing usb drivers, you should restart pc & try running the Kies troubleshoot Connection software to install the correct drivers with the tablet NOT connected to pc. Then turn on 'debugging' mode on tablet(settings: developer options) before connecting to pc. Best of luck...

X-Gamer

Expert Member
Have you tried in another PC? Could be the TAB that may have an issue too