I have had the S21 Ultra for 10 days from 21 January 2021. Since then I have been unable to achieve more than 2hr30min screen on time. I have tried resetting, limiting all background usage, turning off all my networks but nothing has worked.
Even taking the phone back to Vodacom the lady said they have had many returns with the same complaints.
I missed the 7 day return and now I am stuck with this battery life. I find it ridiculous that I have to book a brand new and one of the most expensive phones in for a repair.
Anyone else experiencing this?

WAslayer

Executive Member
Careful now.. history could be repeating itself..

932ce8cdd513bba9c4096a195a250cdd.jpg

Rickster

EVGA Fanatic
I have had the S21 Ultra for 10 days from 21 January 2021. Since then I have been unable to achieve more than 2hr30min screen on time. I have tried resetting, limiting all background usage, turning off all my networks but nothing has worked.
Even taking the phone back to Vodacom the lady said they have had many returns with the same complaints.
I missed the 7 day return and now I am stuck with this battery life. I find it ridiculous that I have to book a brand new and one of the most expensive phones in for a repair.

MyBB wrote an article a while back with regards to poor battery life and it was linked to the carrier.

What you should turn off:

-Wifi & bluetooth scanning (under location)
-5G and also 4G (If im on Wi-Fi all day I switch over to 2G) Which ever gives you the best signal will help your battery.
-NFC
-Bluetooth (unless you have a smart watch)

Change your screen res to lowest and 60Hz

jnvdh06

MyBB wrote an article a while back with regards to poor battery life and it was linked to the carrier.

What you should turn off:

-Wifi & bluetooth scanning (under location)
-5G and also 4G (If im on Wi-Fi all day I switch over to 2G) Which ever gives you the best signal will help your battery.
-NFC
-Bluetooth (unless you have a smart watch)

Change your screen res to lowest and 60Hz
While I understand this, it is still not acceptable to basically cripple your device just to get decent battery.

You are paying a premium and when you have a battery of 4000mah + you should expect good battery life no matter what.

It should easily last a day.

Inn3rs3lf

Expert Member
Surely this should be covered by Samsung's warranty...

Impala

I had the same issue but I reset the phone but did not use smart switch to transfer from the opd phone. Since then my battery has improved quite a lot.

Impala

I also know that people are strugglimg after the update, so this might be a software issue.
Did you perhaps try and contact samsung suppprt?

lostfish

My S21+ battery also sucks. Drops 10% per hour without much use. I'm not a power user and don't play games and yet the battery drain like mad if a use the phone. Can't get a day out of it. Things I've tried today: swithced off wifi, don't use smart things, use dark mode, screen brightness is right down, don't have fancy sceeen saver or lockscreen, slower refresh rate. :eek: I'm wondering if it's RCS. On my old phone used Samsung SMS, now use google messenger. On my battery usage screen the big culprit is google carrier services.

Pierre45mp

The battery saver works differently as on android 10 ,it limits speed and takes you to 60hz,but does not switch you from wqhd to fhd or hd,you should toggle this manually and it helps a great deal. I'd also suggest you toggle the Bluetooth and wifi searching to off on location,hope it helps peeps. I think the android 11 and one ui 3.1 hasn't gone through thorough testing,samsung was too much in a hurry to launch the phone,and dis not let the two layers go gradually through it's paces,that might be the problem.

marhsava

From a full charge I get just over 6 hours of SOT , I hoping it's a software issue that will be fixed with the next update

Pierre45mp

Ask an iPhone user.
Samsung pay,versatility, with the zoom cameras,samsung dex ,so I can use the phone on a projector or a screen as a computer with samsung dex experience for presentations. Samsumg s 21 ultra is R1000 cheaper than the top of the range iphone,and you get free buds pro,samsung tags,and R1000 to buy a case. It also has samsung s pen support and google assistant that is far more superior than siri. Samsung original cases are expensive but a lot of technology even goes into their cases. Aways on display is also amazing. Stereo Soundstage with sound firing from both sides are amazing,not firing from the bottom like iphone,sound has more bass,but videos are more imersive on the S21 ultra. Android notifications are more user friendly,not card stacked like ios,and notifications has more personalized options, customization is far more than ios. You can download anything on samsung, even music without an add on app and the file system is op like an external har drive,except for the operating system off course. Most settings are within apps and you don't have to return to the main settings menu. You can run split screen,which ios cannot. Samsung also has decent budget phones as from R3000, and it is a brand new 2021 variant,whereas you cant even get a iphone SE certified pre owned for less than R4000,and the phone is old fashioned and miniature. The cheapest 2021 iphone 2020 se2 costs R 9000. Look iphone had the cosmetics nailed,the iphone 12 is gorgeous, but productivity on the s21 wins

Rickster

EVGA Fanatic
Samsung pay,versatility, with the zoom cameras,samsung dex ,so I can use the phone on a projector or a screen as a computer with samsung dex experience for presentations. Samsumg s 21 ultra is R1000 cheaper than the top of the range iphone,and you get free buds pro,samsung tags,and R1000 to buy a case. It also has samsung s pen support and google assistant that is far more superior than siri. Samsung original cases are expensive but a lot of technology even goes into their cases. Aways on display is also amazing. Stereo Soundstage with sound firing from both sides are amazing,not firing from the bottom like iphone,sound has more bass,but videos are more imersive on the S21 ultra. Android notifications are more user friendly,not card stacked like ios,and notifications has more personalized options, customization is far more than ios. You can download anything on samsung, even music without an add on app and the file system is op like an external har drive,except for the operating system off course. Most settings are within apps and you don't have to return to the main settings menu. You can run split screen,which ios cannot. Samsung also has decent budget phones as from R3000, and it is a brand new 2021 variant,whereas you cant even get a iphone SE certified pre owned for less than R4000,and the phone is old fashioned and miniature. The cheapest 2021 iphone 2020 se2 costs R 9000. Look iphone had the cosmetics nailed,the iphone 12 is gorgeous, but productivity on the s21 wins

Thanks for the cancer.

Pierre45mp

Then You should stop asking rhetorical questions, did know you only came to sneak around, Tim Cook is calling you back to the walled garden you should go if you don't know your facts,or have a genuine interest, guess who are bored already with the iphone? Looks like you just came to gloat with your shiny iPhone. Iphone had their parade in September and you only received your phone since 18 December,wonder why?

WAslayer

Executive Member
Then You should stop asking rhetorical questions, did know you only came to sneak around, Tim Cook is calling you back to the walled garden you should go if you don't know your facts,or have a genuine interest, guess who are bored already with the iphone? Looks like you just came to gloat with your shiny iPhone. Iphone had their parade in September and you only received your phone since 18 December,wonder why?
What in the actual hell are you going on about..???