Sansui WiFi Smart Plugs

There are many many examples of guys using something like the Sonoff POW in very high current applications, like a geyser, where these go up in flames. This is rated at 15A and a 3kW geyser draws just under that where theoretically it should allow for 3.6kW (their spec actually state max 3kW), yet they still go *poof*

These units aren't suitable for high current loads, exactly as @Geoff.D has now stated repeatedly. What do you expect for a R200 Wifi enabled plug? You don't think these things are made to a price?

If you want a high current capable Wifi switch, look at the CBI Astute range. When looking, compare how ruggedly the CBI is built vs the cheap wifi switches. I have many threads on here where I've opened various wifi switches, so I have a pretty good idea what can handle high current and what can't

I see, thank you. Do you know by chance where one can procure these CBI Astute range of switches? Do they make plugs as well? Or only switches? Thank you.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
I see, thank you. Do you know by chance where one can procure these CBI Astute range of switches? Do they make plugs as well? Or only switches? Thank you.
CBi is one of the largest producers of all sorts of electrical products, all SABS approved and SANS compliant.
There is virtually no electrical supplier in SA that does not stock their products.

Here is their website.

CBI-electric (Circuit Breaker Industries) | Quality, low voltage electrical distribution, protection and control equipment (cbi-lowvoltage.com)

CBi is one of the largest producers of all sorts of electrical products, all SABS approved and SANS compliant.
There is virtually no electrical supplier in SA that does not stock their products.

Here is their website.

CBI-electric (Circuit Breaker Industries) | Quality, low voltage electrical distribution, protection and control equipment (cbi-lowvoltage.com)
Thank you. I will look into them and check my nearby hardware and electrical stores. Thank you, much appreciated.