SARS E-Filing 2018

Toxxyc

Expert Member
Ok for the people that have "escalations", please ignore it as it means nothing and that is their way of stalling.

Most call center agents are casual workers that received 10 days training prior to filing season opening.

Log a complaint AFTER 21 days, select the option for something along the lines of time and make them lodge your complaint. There is NO such thing as you need a complaint number to lay a complaint, it does not even make sense.

The complaints number is 0860 12 12 16 but please dont call before your 21 days is over. The MUST log a complaint and the reason for your complaint will be that you are given 21 days to submit documents and make payment should you owe them. They have 21 days to verify your documents which has lapsed so they MUST finalize it as a soon as possible seeing as they are now pass their own deadline.
This is the type of info I was looking for. Thanks mate, appreciate it. So I simply call that number with my two reference numbers and then lodge the complaint? Or can I do it on eFiling direct?

In other words log it here:

Last edited:

The_Mowgs

Honorary Master
This is the type of info I was looking for. Thanks mate, appreciate it. So I simply call that number with my two reference numbers and then lodge the complaint? Or can I do it on eFiling direct?
Rather call the number. My experience last year was that I complained and literally 15 minutes afterwards my verification was completed. But note this was my experience last year

Renai1

Rather call the number. My experience last year was that I complained and literally 15 minutes afterwards my verification was completed. But note this was my experience last year
Hi guys they do however require a case number to assist you, I used mine from when I lodged my docs at SARS branch and that is how the system picked up it was post 21 days if you use a case number you got yesterday it picks up that it is still within the 21 day SLA,

Renai1

Hi guys they do however require a case number to assist you, I used mine from when I lodged my docs at SARS branch and that is how the system picked up it was post 21 days if you use a case number you got yesterday it picks up that it is still within the 21 day SLA,
Also the nice thing I got a letter confirming and an sms from them now so you have something tangible with the complaints line

The_Mowgs

Honorary Master
How can they require a case number of you do not have one? Say I filed and after 30 days I want to lodge a complaint, what case number will I give the complaints department?

Toxxyc

Expert Member
How can they require a case number of you do not have one? Say I filed and after 30 days I want to lodge a complaint, what case number will I give the complaints department?
It turns out when you call them to "escalate", you are given a case number. You need that case number to log a complaint against. I just gave them a call and they definitely require that case number. I also logged a complaint and got a complain number. Let's see how quickly this is resolved.

For your help mate, thanks. +1 incoming! :D

juan86

It turns out when you call them to "escalate", you are given a case number. You need that case number to log a complaint against. I just gave them a call and they definitely require that case number. I also logged a complaint and got a complain number. Let's see how quickly this is resolved.

For your help mate, thanks. +1 incoming! :D
I also just called and lodged a complaint, was told it will take 1-21 business days to resolve.. hahaha.. i give up

Toxxyc

Expert Member
Yeah they have a maximum of 21 business days to resolve the complaint, but apparently it gets thrown back to the original oke who missed his deadline as a complaint so they're usually quite eager to get it done quicker. That's what the call centre lady told me. She actually seemed like she knew what she was talking about. She also said they're better at keeping you up to date with the complaint, and she's right. I've received an SMS and an email so far with the complaint number and an official SARS notice of the receipt of the complaint.

Elax

So I just got a mail from SARS asking me to do a short survey on my efiling experience. And they're overdue on my return :crylaugh:

Renai1

I also just called and lodged a complaint, was told it will take 1-21 business days to resolve.. hahaha.. i give up
Hi

Actually they are pretty damn quick. Lodged complaint at 8.16 this morning got my ITSA now and my Soa updated to verification N, no refund date yet buts thats more progress than I had in 21 days so hang in there

The_Mowgs

Honorary Master
Hi

Actually they are pretty damn quick. Lodged complaint at 8.16 this morning got my ITSA now and my Soa updated to verification N, no refund date yet buts thats more progress than I had in 21 days so hang in there
Jip, they HATE complaints as the complaints are audited. The complaints department is actually a department on their own and not normal casual call center staff that mostly have no clue as to what is going on.

The complaints department is the same as the Internal Affairs in movies or cop shows.

juan86

Hi

I called them at 09H45, still same status.. hopefully it goes as quick as yours..

R

Rifa751

I was selected for verification submitted docs on the 13 July 2018. Still no progress or sign of life from SARS.
Lodged a compliant yesterday was told SARS has 21 days to resolve my complaint. Maybe someone has a family member working at SARS who can help us solve our issues LOL :)

juan86

I was selected for verification submitted docs on the 13 July 2018. Still no progress or sign of life from SARS.
Lodged a compliant yesterday was told SARS has 21 days to resolve my complaint. Maybe someone has a family member working at SARS who can help us solve our issues LOL :)
I think the same guy is handling our 2 cases..haha.. seems he has all the time in the world..

R

Rifa751

Was advised by a friend that next time I get selected for verification I must go into the branch to submit the documents it apparently speeds up the process.