Scott's Shipping Services - FORMERLY UNDER "POSSIBLE LIQUIDATION"

Status
Not open for further replies.
The plot thickens:
From the Bobshop profile - Rivendell(no ratings) Joined 23 Jan 2025, Pretoria / Tshwane
Same town as SSS and only selling SSS's brand new Lifepower batteries.
R72500 worth at the current listed prices/stock levels.

2025-02-06-13-02-52.png



2025-02-06-13-02-52.png
 
No they didnt. Why do you think its business as usual.
I also had a business fail a few years ago (tiny penis), and we tried setting up a similar arrangement with creditors that would have seen us turn the business around without needing to go the formal business rescue route or be liquidated. Unfortunately we had over 9000 specific creditors that were vindictive and were more interested in crushing the company, than getting their money back, and we were forced to go the liquidation route.

I have not asked before on this thread and I will ask now - are there any people active on this thread who are actually owed money by this business? Or is it out of a moral obligation that you keep jumping on the bandwagon to crush them?
 
I honestly don’t believe anything is as bad as any of the people on this thread make it out to be. I can fully understand how a business likes this could have unravelled very quickly, especially with a young owner who honestly believes he can ride out the cash flow problems, because I was there myself years ago.

Any client that didn’t get what they ordered, even if it’s a R500.00 invoice, could easily bring the whole business down if they choose to play hardball. In my case we had a creditors book running up around R550k, and we could have sorted it out over an 18 month period, and everyone would have been made whole. But there were two clients who lost in total R14800.00. They also screemed “scam scam scam” and wanted me as the director dragged and quartered in the street and all that. They refused any sort of proposal, blocked the business rescue proposal and sued for liquidation. In the end, everyone got cents to the rand out of the deal. They said they didn’t care. They tried to sue me personally as well, but the court wasn’t interested (because I hadn’t acted negligently according to the companies act, although in retrospect, I do wish I had made certain decisions earlier).

I can’t think with all the hate Scott is getting, there isn’t one single client able to do the same to him. Unless he is actually doing the right things behind the scenes and some of you just don’t like that.
 
I have not asked before on this thread and I will ask now - are there any people active on this thread who are actually owed money by this business? Or is it out of a moral obligation that you keep jumping on the bandwagon to crush them?

How hard is it for Scott to just come here and post what’s actually going on in order to clear the air? One post is all it would take. I mean, the guy’s been online on Carbonite yesterday and I’m 120% sure he’s reading every single post here on MyBB too. Hello Scotty

Even if he’s started paying clients or whatever, the way he’s handled this whole mess is just embarrassingly bad. I’d never touch his business with a ten foot pole.
 
How hard is it for Scott to just come here and post what’s actually going on in order to clear the air? One post is all it would take. I mean, the guy’s been online on Carbonite yesterday and I’m 120% sure he’s reading every single post here on MyBB too. Hello Scotty

Even if he’s started paying clients or whatever, the way he’s handled this whole mess is just embarrassingly bad. I’d never touch his business with a ten foot pole.
Scott has moved on from all of this, its time for everyone to move on too.
 
How hard is it for Scott to just come here and post what’s actually going on in order to clear the air? One post is all it would take. I mean, the guy’s been online on Carbonite yesterday and I’m 120% sure he’s reading every single post here on MyBB too. Hello Scotty

Even if he’s started paying clients or whatever, the way he’s handled this whole mess is just embarrassingly bad. I’d never touch his business with a ten foot pole.
My point too.

Not the one from my sarcastic post.

If he is still sending quotes and business is continuing, did the old customers at least get their stuff or money back.
But some people come here defending him, saying this thread wants to see his business fail.
 
I honestly don’t believe anything is as bad as any of the people on this thread make it out to be. I can fully understand how a business likes this could have unravelled very quickly, especially with a young owner who honestly believes he can ride out the cash flow problems, because I was there myself years ago.

Any client that didn’t get what they ordered, even if it’s a R500.00 invoice, could easily bring the whole business down if they choose to play hardball. In my case we had a creditors book running up around R550k, and we could have sorted it out over an 18 month period, and everyone would have been made whole. But there were two clients who lost in total R14800.00. They also screemed “scam scam scam” and wanted me as the director dragged and quartered in the street and all that. They refused any sort of proposal, blocked the business rescue proposal and sued for liquidation. In the end, everyone got cents to the rand out of the deal. They said they didn’t care. They tried to sue me personally as well, but the court wasn’t interested (because I hadn’t acted negligently according to the companies act, although in retrospect, I do wish I had made certain decisions earlier).

I can’t think with all the hate Scott is getting, there isn’t one single client able to do the same to him. Unless he is actually doing the right things behind the scenes and some of you just don’t like that.
^^ New guy
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X