Scott's Shipping Services - FORMERLY UNDER "POSSIBLE LIQUIDATION"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good god man.

Hey everyone, My King had apologized for RARU.

Now it's your turn to apologize for recommending Scott.
Next up we need to talk about itrader rating on Carb.

People went pitch forks on people recommending a seller that bailed.
How is that different from itrader rating.

Sell a few cheap things, get itrader 999+ then move in on the big game.
 
I would even go so far as to say the insta adds, and new blog posts could have been created before this, but the fact that orders are still being taken is sketchy.
Jip.

Get to the point where new inves...orders can't supplement to buy stuff to fill full old orders then poef hits the fan.

What I want to know, are they or aren't they under liquidation? I am on the website, where does it say that.
 
Don't forget about re: plot twist: playing the "long game" vibes.

Build up a rep & then screw okes over.

Not saying it is the case but all cards on the table is best.
 
has someone tried to phone the guy?
I have his number from when I requested a quote many years back.
I think most people are happy being keyboard warriors.
Not anything practical like opening a case with SAPS or trying to track the guy down.
 
I emailed them about the liquidation and received the following reply:

Good Day

We have avoided liquidation and are operating under permission and supervision of secured creditors at this time.

Kind Regards
SSS Team
So to the people that ordered previsiouly, did you get your stuff?
 
I emailed them about the liquidation and received the following reply:

Good Day

We have avoided liquidation and are operating under permission and supervision of secured creditors at this time.

Kind Regards
SSS Team
Hope this is true, and hopefully they can make it out of this situation and turn things around.

I also had a business fail a few years ago (Covid lockdown), and we tried setting up a similar arrangement with creditors that would have seen us turn the business around without needing to go the formal business rescue route or be liquidated. Unfortunately we had 2 specific creditors that were vindictive and were more interested in crushing the company, than getting their money back, and we were forced to go the liquidation route.

I have asked before on this thread and I ask again now - are there any people active on this thread who are actually owed money by this business? Or is it out of a moral obligation that you keep jumping on the bandwagon to crush them?

If you are owed money, why have you not rather gone to the SAPS and made a case, or instituted proceedings to force them into liquidation?
 
Hope this is true, and hopefully they can make it out of this situation and turn things around.

I also had a business fail a few years ago (Covid lockdown), and we tried setting up a similar arrangement with creditors that would have seen us turn the business around without needing to go the formal business rescue route or be liquidated. Unfortunately we had 2 specific creditors that were vindictive and were more interested in crushing the company, than getting their money back, and we were forced to go the liquidation route.

I have asked before on this thread and I ask again now - are there any people active on this thread who are actually owed money by this business? Or is it out of a moral obligation that you keep jumping on the bandwagon to crush them?

If you are owed money, why have you not rather gone to the SAPS and made a case, or instituted proceedings to force them into liquidation?
I also want to know.

There has been no communication from the company.

Only a MyBBer that actually asked them and then he gave their response here.

So you have a bunch of people that said they did not get their stuff and after a few months the company starts issuing quotes again.

I don't blame people for wanting to know.
Are they crushed or not?
And did those people get their stuff?
And can the company be used in future?
 
Hope this is true, and hopefully they can make it out of this situation and turn things around.

I also had a business fail a few years ago (Covid lockdown), and we tried setting up a similar arrangement with creditors that would have seen us turn the business around without needing to go the formal business rescue route or be liquidated. Unfortunately we had 2 specific creditors that were vindictive and were more interested in crushing the company, than getting their money back, and we were forced to go the liquidation route.

I have asked before on this thread and I ask again now - are there any people active on this thread who are actually owed money by this business? Or is it out of a moral obligation that you keep jumping on the bandwagon to crush them?

If you are owed money, why have you not rather gone to the SAPS and made a case, or instituted proceedings to force them into liquidation?
Yes I am owed money.
Why not go to SAPS? Because what is the point. SAPS are useless, we all know this. Get a case number and then?
Force them into liquidation? Still not get any money. All of this is just admin.
It sucks, he knows no one will do anything because the cost to do so is just so high. So yes, he gets away with it.
 
Yes I am owed money.
Why not go to SAPS? Because what is the point. SAPS are useless, we all know this. Get a case number and then?
Force them into liquidation? Still not get any money. All of this is just admin.
It sucks, he knows no one will do anything because the cost to do so is just so high. So yes, he gets away with it.
Well, SAPS may be useless, but if he defrauded you, then nothing can be done without first taking that step and opening a case. But unless he provided you with false invoices or something like that, the SAPS won’t be able to assist, as they will (rightfully) tell you this is a civil matter, and will need to be dealt with as such.

On the civil side, it doesn’t necessarily have to cost you an arm and a leg. If the value of your claim is less than R25k you can take it to the small claims court, and will cost you time only. Or you can apply to the master of the court to institute liquidation proceedings after serving notice, if you have a valid claim, which it seems you do. This also won’t cost you an arm and a leg. If you have a lawyer friend, they could help you draw up the notice, and you can file it with the clerk yourself. Sherrif costs will probably be around R700.00 or so. Any creditor, no matter how small the amount owed, can institute liquidation proceedings, and then by default, everything will need to be brought forward. The law really is on the consumers side here.
 
Well, SAPS may be useless, but if he defrauded you, then nothing can be done without first taking that step and opening a case. But unless he provided you with false invoices or something like that, the SAPS won’t be able to assist, as they will (rightfully) tell you this is a civil matter, and will need to be dealt with as such.

On the civil side, it doesn’t necessarily have to cost you an arm and a leg. If the value of your claim is less than R25k you can take it to the small claims court, and will cost you time only. Or you can apply to the master of the court to institute liquidation proceedings after serving notice, if you have a valid claim, which it seems you do. This also won’t cost you an arm and a leg. If you have a lawyer friend, they could help you draw up the notice, and you can file it with the clerk yourself. Sherrif costs will probably be around R700.00 or so. Any creditor, no matter how small the amount owed, can institute liquidation proceedings, and then by default, everything will need to be brought forward. The law really is on the consumers side here.
He sent me screenshots of an basket and told me that they were the orders. When I asked the seller they said they never got that order.
The second order I made he sent me the order, but when I contacted the seller, they said he cancelled the order shortly after setting it up. And that the order was made only after I confronted him about lying the goods being stuck in customs for clearance.

I hear you, but time is also a cost. I might still go ahead with some legal action.
 
Yes I am owed money.
Why not go to SAPS? Because what is the point. SAPS are useless, we all know this. Get a case number and then?
Force them into liquidation? Still not get any money. All of this is just admin.
It sucks, he knows no one will do anything because the cost to do so is just so high. So yes, he gets away with it.
That's what scammers budget on, they know that the recovery process will out weigh the cost and so they carry on with impunity. In South Africa with virtually no law enforcement it’s a scammers paradise :(
 
I emailed them about the liquidation and received the following reply:

Good Day

We have avoided liquidation and are operating under permission and supervision of secured creditors at this time.

Kind Regards
SSS Team
No f**king way. :ROFL:

He really thinks he will be able to operate in public after the history? I mean, to be honest, those who stood up for him before will be his target clients going forward, as they're stupid enough.

Actually, we need a summary of the history to point out to people what actually was done here. Any idea if we can get ChatGPT to summarise this thread?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X