Scott's Shipping Services - FORMERLY UNDER "POSSIBLE LIQUIDATION"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Email received today:

"Following negotiations, we have reached an agreement with our secured creditors that allows us to avoid liquidation and resume trading under their oversight.

Regrettably, customers with outstanding orders are considered unsecured creditors and could not be included in this initial agreement. However, once we demonstrate recovery and meet our repayment obligations, we have been advised that we can begin processing customer refunds.

At this time, we are unable to provide a timeline for potential repayments. However, we have noted all affected customers, including yourself, on our creditor list, and we will provide updates as circumstances evolve."
 
Email received today:

"Following negotiations, we have reached an agreement with our secured creditors that allows us to avoid liquidation and resume trading under their oversight.

Regrettably, customers with outstanding orders are considered unsecured creditors and could not be included in this initial agreement. However, once we demonstrate recovery and meet our repayment obligations, we have been advised that we can begin processing customer refunds.

At this time, we are unable to provide a timeline for potential repayments. However, we have noted all affected customers, including yourself, on our creditor list, and we will provide updates as circumstances evolve."
Yeah sure Scott we believe you not
 
Email received today:

"Following negotiations, we have reached an agreement with our secured creditors that allows us to avoid liquidation and resume trading under their oversight.

Regrettably, customers with outstanding orders are considered unsecured creditors and could not be included in this initial agreement. However, once we demonstrate recovery and meet our repayment obligations, we have been advised that we can begin processing customer refunds.

At this time, we are unable to provide a timeline for potential repayments. However, we have noted all affected customers, including yourself, on our creditor list, and we will provide updates as circumstances evolve."

So basically what this means is they will use money they stole from customers to pay their debts to suppliers.

So basically nothing has changed
 
Email received today:

"Following negotiations, we have reached an agreement with our secured creditors that allows us to avoid liquidation and resume trading under their oversight.

Regrettably, customers with outstanding orders are considered unsecured creditors and could not be included in this initial agreement. However, once we demonstrate recovery and meet our repayment obligations, we have been advised that we can begin processing customer refunds.

At this time, we are unable to provide a timeline for potential repayments. However, we have noted all affected customers, including yourself, on our creditor list, and we will provide updates as circumstances evolve."

also in other words they want to steal money from someone else to pay everyone that was already scammed back :rolleyes:
 
Anyone that is owed can now liquidate the company. The major creditors will either have to suck it up or settle with the guy that applies for the liquidation. I know what I would do.
 
Scott's isn't the first perpetrator of this type of scam, and won't be the last either!

I was about to place a big order with iWarehouse about 10 years ago. I was with ABSA at the time and the OTP just wouldn't arrive. They called me the next day about the order and the fact that I did not make the payment. I was on board a plane about to take off and had to switch off my phone. When we arrived in Zanzibar I forgot all about it. When we arrived back home I had a number of voice messages and emails about the payment. I decided to wait as I wanted to order something for my then boyfriend. A few days later I called them to ask about adding two things to the order - the phone just rang.... Close shave!!

Owner went on to open AllNet/AnimalGear and did the same thing. Closed down not so long ago.
 
Email received today:

"Following negotiations, we have reached an agreement with our secured creditors that allows us to avoid liquidation and resume trading under their oversight.

Regrettably, customers with outstanding orders are considered unsecured creditors and could not be included in this initial agreement. However, once we demonstrate recovery and meet our repayment obligations, we have been advised that we can begin processing customer refunds.

At this time, we are unable to provide a timeline for potential repayments. However, we have noted all affected customers, including yourself, on our creditor list, and we will provide updates as circumstances evolve."
Scammer for sure. LMAO
 
"No Hidden Costs. No Surprises!"

I'll be happy to start placing orders again if I get refunded, otherwise sorry, no dice. Once bitten, twice shy!

I had used SSS for 6 or 7 orders in the past, service was always good, sticking to what I've said in a previous post, hope they get back up and running and turn things around.

Anyone gonna risk trying, or are we all going to be keyboard warriors? :D
 
Anyone that is owed can now liquidate the company. The major creditors will either have to suck it up or settle with the guy that applies for the liquidation. I know what I would do.
I have tried saying this in multiple previous posts, as long as the status at CIPC had not changed to “in liquidation”, any single one of the guys who lost money could have applied for liquidation. They would probably then prioritise refunding that person to avoid the liquidation process. But every time there were half a dozen excuses as to why this won’t be worth it.

Everyone is just here to moan.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X