Seedbox discussion

cavedog

Honorary Master
I did not see any seedbox discussions on mybroadband much.

Anyone using seedboxes and what service are you using.

ActivateD

Expert Member
Running my own on a HP Gen8 server. VPN and Swizzin to make thing easier :p

Haven't gotten any notices from Afrihost
I am also doing something similar I have a Linux server that tunnels all my internet traffic via VPN.

Pho3nix

The Legend
Running my own on a HP Gen8 server. VPN and Swizzin to make thing easier :p

Haven't gotten any notices from Afrihost

cavedog

Honorary Master
What are you downloading? lol
Public torrents?

Lol GoT 2160p remux dropped and those are big.

I have my google drive mounted and some automation so yeah publics can eat upload quite a bit.

cavedog

Honorary Master
If you want to be bit naughty you can play around with Google Colab servers.

They give you a VPS with 12.2GB ram and 107GB hdd to run code ect for free. Naturally people found a way to run a seedbox it. :whistling:

g_colab.png

Ghoster79

Been using Put.io with a couple friends for a couple years now - pretty happy so far

HunterNW

Honorary Master
Have a plastic one with about 50 compartments for a variety of seeds.

The other one where i deposit my seeds is not open for discusion.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Got this box for $12 and running RAID0 to push more performance. It's doing well so far :)

seedbox_fr.png

Lishen23

Not a seedbox, but I replaced my seedbox with premiumize.me. I've been using it for about 5 years now. Very similar to real debrid but has way more features (VPN, VoIP, Usenet, 1tb cloud storage) and uses cloudflare CDN which gives a better experience than real debrids European only servers. Let me know if you're interested I can hit up the admin and try and get a bunch of trial codes.

On black friday they usually run a promo that works out to around 3.80 euros pm if you buy a year

Shalin_ZN

Expert Member
Not a seedbox, but I replaced my seedbox with premiumize.me. I've been using it for about 5 years now. Very similar to real debrid but has way more features (VPN, VoIP, Usenet, 1tb cloud storage) and uses cloudflare CDN which gives a better experience than real debrids European only servers. Let me know if you're interested I can hit up the admin and try and get a bunch of trial codes.

On black friday they usually run a promo that works out to around 3.80 euros pm if you buy a year

Can I still upload torrents/magnets, or does it only work with premium links?

Been using RD for a few years now, I mainly use the torrent feature (always have to have the latest beta release of Ubuntu).