Sell android apps from south africa

g.c

Hi fellow android devs...

What are you guys doing to be able to sell your apps on the play store? Now, being 2014, and no foreseeable date that google will actually support selling apps from south africa, what does the rest of south african devs do?

I've tracked down the african developer relations contact and he responded with just that he cannot speculate on when this will happen and that the google play team is continuing rolling out worldwide.

I've got a few apps that I want to sell but stuck at this moment.

Visser

Expert Member
Hi fellow android devs...

What are you guys doing to be able to sell your apps on the play store? Now, being 2014, and no foreseeable date that google will actually support selling apps from south africa, what does the rest of south african devs do?

I've tracked down the african developer relations contact and he responded with just that he cannot speculate on when this will happen and that the google play team is continuing rolling out worldwide.

I've got a few apps that I want to sell but stuck at this moment.

There are political issues in regards to this issue. Last I heard was that Google placed SA on hold indefinitely and will move on with targeting other countries.

You will probably need to look at partnering with someone in another country supported by Google. I know of quite a few developers selling apps via such schemes or even family members living in supported countries.

If you want to wait for this to ever come around to SA, you will probably die of old age first.

kingleroyg

Recently pic n pay are selling Google play vouches..... so in terms of people actually buying stuff from your app in 2015 looks high......so rather than selling the app ever considered in app purchases ?

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
The first world doesn't trust SA or the people of SA thanks to the corrupt cANCer. We are going to get less and less forgein investment from these countries and fewer opportunities in doing business with these countries.
We will only be able to do business with places like China and Russia due to cadreship based on fraudulent transactions put in place by our "democratic" government.